Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Selection - Select Other

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
258 Views, 3 Replies

Sketch Selection - Select Other

How do I select a sketch inside of a body?

I do not get a select other tool?

After a bit more experimenting - it seems that I can window select the sketch.  Not sure this is going to work in every situation (multiple profiles with design intent to select specific profiles).

Select Other.PNG

If I enter Section Analysis - I can select the sketch and perform desired operation, but then how do I exit the Section Analyisis view?

End Section view.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If I enter Section Analysis - I can select the sketch and perform desired operation, but then how do I exit the Section Analyisis view?

OK, I figured this one out in the browser.

Looks to me like there should be a right mouse option to do this.

Maybe I haven't found it yet.

End Analysis.PNG

Message 3 of 4

TheCADWhisperer wrote:

How do I select a sketch inside of a body?

I do not get a select other tool?

After a bit more experimenting - it seems that I can window select the sketch.  Not sure this is going to work in every situation (multiple profiles with design intent to select specific profiles).

OK,

A bit more experimenting and I see that the selection behavior is different depending on whether I select Extrude from the Create tab or Press/Pull from the Modify tab.

Message 4 of 4
NicolasXu
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Hi, 

Holding down the left mouse button over the sketch profile and a list will appear, which will allow you to select the sketch inside a body. Hope that helps.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report