Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting multiple faces from a mesh

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
big_red_frog
4936 Views, 4 Replies

Selecting multiple faces from a mesh

When attempting to select multiple faces from a mesh, so I can copy them into a new body and work with them in isolation, I am struggling.

The mesh is complex, so getting the right selection with drag rectangle in one go is not viable.

However, when I use shift and drag for a second selection, those selected get XOR'd with the existing selection, so those already selected and in the new box are unselected.

How do I just do additive selection, so those already selected and in the new region stay selected?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jakefowler
in reply to: big_red_frog

Hi,

Many thanks for the post! We’re working hard to improve the group selection capabilities, and I’m glad to say that you’ll start to see some improvements here in the very near future 🙂

It is true that we don’t have a pure additive (or pure subtractive) selection function at the moment, but it’s a great idea: would it be possible to add this to our IdeaStation? I’ll also forward this suggestion to our UX team to make sure this proposal is on our radar.

Thanks again, and hopefully the upcoming improvements will make this workflow easier for you. Let us know if you have any other thoughts on this!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 5
jakefowler
in reply to: jakefowler

Hi,

The update released yesterday (July 31st) included a new Free form (‘lasso’) selection tool, available from the Select dropdown menu:

freeform.png

Hopefully this will go some way to make complex selections easier. If you have any feedback on this new tool, we’d love to hear!

And as I mentioned, please do post the additive selection idea to our IdeaStation if this is something that would aid your workflow – I’ve pointed people to your suggestion internally, but posting it to the IdeaStation will give it much greater visibility & allow others to chime-in.

Many thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 4 of 5
jmpframce
in reply to: big_red_frog

So. I can t achieve . The aim is to do curve projection on meshing surface of body or component. 

how to do that?

thanks

Message 5 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: jmpframce

@jmpframce wrote:

...how to do that?

Start a new thread and File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file to the new thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report