Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save/upload bugs in 2.0.1193

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Helmi74
384 Views, 5 Replies

Save/upload bugs in 2.0.1193

Hi,

i updated to the latest version already but a weird behaviour that i have seen in the last version too keeps appearing here.

When closing Fusion i occassionally (well quite often) get the message that there's still data beeing uploaded and if i really want to quit. This also happens when there's no design open and of course no upload/import is going on.

Now after i got this message this morning after coming back to fusion after some hours i got the next weird error when opening fusion: It told me my design that i last worked on was changed by another user and i should check the details. It took about 5 minutes to load the version history where it showed me that the lastest version was updated 4 minutes ago from my user account.

I don't know how this happens and where it comes from but this is confusing.

The upload message appears independent from any special file so i didn't attach any.

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ahsan.autodesk
in reply to: Helmi74

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the post.

The confusion with the first issue you reported (with the dialog warning about pending uploads at exit) is probably because we don't show "all" file uploads that are happening. We only show uploads related to import and files created or edited in offline mode. This was done to limit the number of items showing up in the "Upload Progress" dropdown.

The second issue you mentioned appears to be a bug. We'll investigate it some more.

Thanks for reporting

Ahsan (Fusion Data Model)

Ahsan Ali
Fusion Senior Software Architect
Message 3 of 6
Helmi74
in reply to: ahsan.autodesk

ok after a while i think i found out about this upload problem.

It looks like things have changed how fusion handles the upload of saved designs. Whenever i closed fusion in the past with an open design it completely uploaded the design after closing it and closed itself then.

Now this process seems to take way longer (my internet connection hasn't changed, 2MBit/s upstream should be fast enough) and isn't shown anywhere. If i close Fusion ignoring the warning message my latest save isn't in the dashboard so if i reopen fusion on another Computer the changes just aren't there and there's no message or anyone telling me about the missing data.

Also if i not ignore the message there's no indicator showing me that there is data to upload. I think this should change as you normally assume Fusion and the cloud get the stuff done and save everything as soon as you're closing. If the data then isn't in the cloud that is shocking at first (like it was for me now, luckily i thought a bit about this and came to the conclusion it would be exactly this problem. Going back to the other computer and reopening Fusion solved it).

This should either be solved by not closing fusion until the upload is finished or even better: show the progress of the upload so the user sees how löng it takes.
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 4 of 6
ahsan.autodesk

Thanks for the comments Frank. Yes, the behavior is slightly different in the latest release. Earlier, we would simply wait until all the uploads completed. This could sometimes take a long time (depending on network speed or Cloud server load), and often made the user wonder if the process is hung. We'd heard that customers would often just kill the process. To avoid confusion, we added a message to warn the user that there are pending uploads. Granted, we need to make the experience a little better. We'll discuss this internally and see what can be done in the future releases.

The good news is that file upload performance has dramatically improved recently, so users should not see this warning dialog as often.

Regards,

Ahsan

Ahsan Ali
Fusion Senior Software Architect
Message 5 of 6
Helmi74
in reply to: ahsan.autodesk

maybe you should still think about a progress bar that closes the process
after finishing. Letting the user decide without letting him know what
happens if he closes is a bad idea i think.
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 6 of 6
Tbaker25

The quit behavior is frustrating. If I have it save on quit, or just save and then quit, it gives me the warning that uploads are in progress. I often cant see what's being uploaded, and I end up having to sit there and try quitting several times until I'm no longer warned. It seems that it should be able to give a progress dialog to prevent people from thinking it hung, then close upon completion. This would be REALLY nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report