Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering is too "zoomed out"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FreshProducts
4271 Views, 4 Replies

Rendering is too "zoomed out"

Hello everyone,

When I try to use the cloud rendering service, a lot of the times my models are so "zoomed out" and far away. I'm trying to zoom in real close to a certain part of a model and just render that section. In Fusion 360 I zoomed in to the angle I want, and I then I click to set that "set distance" as my home view. Sadly in the cloud rendering service it seems to use the "fit to view" look instead.

Is there anyone who can offer advice how I can get around this? It seems to happen randomly in certain models, while others are close up and fine.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi, AoBfrost,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Currently I can't find the certain models that can reproduce the issue. Could you please help provide some of them and we can research what functions/aspects that can have the problem? If ok, please attach them here or send them to my mail: chunping.chen@autodesk.com.

Many thanks for your nice help and the feedback.

Regards,

-Wendy 

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
jakefowler
in reply to: FreshProducts

A way to achieve this might be by using Named Views. Zoom into the region of interested on the model, then in the model browser right-click 'Named Views' and select 'New Named View'. This will save a view at the current angle & zoom level (you can edit the name of this view for easier reference later). Next time you save a version of the model, renderings of your Named Views should also appear in your cloud rendering list alongside the standard views. Does this work for you?

I believe the standard view renderings will zoom to what it believes are the extents of the model. If you have an example where you feel the framing is clearly incorrect, that would be a good case to send to Wendy.

I'm not sure what the currently expected behaviour is here regarding zoom changes to the Home View being adopted by the renderings - we will check this out.

Thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 4 of 5
FreshProducts
in reply to: jakefowler

This seems to have solved the issue! Thanks a lot Jake. I wasn't even aware of this feature actually, this whole time I've been setting the home view to the view I needed to render. I feel so silly now knowing this new knowledge, thank you so much!

Message 5 of 5
jakefowler
in reply to: FreshProducts

Glad to hear that helped! And the fact that you hadn't found that before is certainly our fault rather than yours. I'll see if this trick has already been posted somewhere, and if not I'll post it to the Tips forum tomorrow (it's already bedtime in my neck of the woods 🙂 ).
We're going to be working on improving the learnability of Fusion over the next few months, to hopefully try and make sure that this kind of thing doesn't stay secret. And if you hadn't already, it's also worth checking out the blog ( http://fusion360.autodesk.com/blog ), where we post a lot of tips-and-tricks-type stuff.

Thanks for posting this issue!
Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report