Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating a groove

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sinklar
395 Views, 4 Replies

Problem creating a groove

I'm sure I am missing something simple, but here is my problem. I am still working on my tail stock feed shaft and I need to create a groove. I was trying to follow the instructions from post "50 ways to groove a cylinder"

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Help-and-Support/50-ways-to-groove-a-cylinder/m-p/4534071/highlight/tr...

Using the second method, two planes and split the face, I can get the groove to work on simple cylinder.

But when I try to create a groove on more complicated cylinder it does not seem to work. I select extrude the section the amount and it makes no change in the drawing. See attached picture.

I have attached the file. Any clue on what I a doing wrong would be appreciated.

I tried attaching the file but got the error "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."

Email me and I will send the file.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
donsmac
in reply to: sinklar

You can use fewer steps to make this. Simply revolve a sketch. See the timeline.Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 11.57.32 PM.jpg

Message 3 of 5
sinklar
in reply to: donsmac

Any idea on why the extrude does not work?

Message 4 of 5
donsmac
in reply to: sinklar

I redid the part more like the way you did it. I split the body and could not get it to work until I selected New Offset in the dialogue box. The other two choices made the larger diameter of the second body move with the face I was offsetting.

Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 7.33.43 AM.jpg

Message 5 of 5
sinklar
in reply to: donsmac

Yes, that was the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Shaft 1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report