Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press Pull / Extrude from T-Spline at right angle

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nkloski
1177 Views, 6 Replies

Press Pull / Extrude from T-Spline at right angle

Hi all!  I have created a T-Spline shape, and then enlarged one fo the sides.  I want to then Extrude (or Press/Pull) that side directly out.  the problem is, is that one I finish the T-Spline form, I can select one flat face, but the Press/Pull command extrudes out the face in the same direction as the T-Spline shape orignally indicated.

I desire that shape to be extruded directly on a 90 degree angle.

A picture is worth a thousand words...I want the blue area to NOT continue up the slope, but to extrude out directly sideways to make a sharp angle, NOT a continuation of the slope.  In my example, I have finished with the form and am using the Model-->Press/Pull command.  Thanks!

extrude.PNG

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: nkloski

Can you attach the *.f3d file here?

Is that face planar - can you create a sketch on that face?

If not, create a workplane offset by your extrusion distance.

Project Geometry the edges of the face.

Extrude back to the face or Loft to the face.

Message 3 of 7
nkloski
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

That sounds perfectly reasonable...except I cannot figure out how to do it.  In any exvironment I can htink of, I cannot select anyway to create a construction plabe.  Clicking on the option enables the constrauction plane tool, but it is greyed out, and I am not able to select anything anywhere to build said plane.  I also tried to make the face planar, but I could not find a way to align the edges that are making it non-planar to face directly upwards (rather than being at a tilt).  File attached...thanks!!

Nick Kloski
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

Is something like this what you are trying to do?Extrude.PNG

Message 5 of 7
nkloski

100% yes! How did you do that?

Nick Kloski

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

It will be several hours before I can post my file, but what I did was -

Turn on the visibility of the Origin Workplanes

Offset the appropriate workplane (I didn't know what distance you might need).

Create a new Sketch on the new Workplane.

Project Geometry the face you highlighted.

Loft from the Sketch to the Face.

Message 7 of 7
nkloski

That is awesome, thanks!  The trick I was missing was turning on the visibility of the origin workplanes, via the little light bulb on the left hand side.  Now that I Could always see the origin workplanes, I was able to create a sketch on the plane as you said, and project/loft also as you said....turning on that light bulb was the key....thanks!!

Nick Kloski

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report