Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible damaged file crashes F360

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mikegem
266 Views, 4 Replies

Possible damaged file crashes F360

I have a design file that may have been damaged during a F360 crash. The file continues to crash F360 when I try to open it in on- or off-line mode. More details below. Can attach or email file if desired. Any idea how I might recover the file? Had several hours of work in it. Tnx.

I was working on a design when F360 crashed. I submitted the CER, then had to force-quit F360 (submitted another CER). Did a superstitious restart of my MacBook Pro before re-opening F360. Program opened, but crashed immediately when I re-opened the design I was working on during the original crash event. Sent CER.

I then shut off wifi and restarted F360 in offline mode. Tried to open the same design, program crashed again. Started to suspect a damaged design file.

Restarted Macbook Pro (again with wifi shut off), restarted F360. 

Opened a design that I had not touched today. Worked fine. Closed that design.

Opened a design that I had worked on today, but not the one I was working on during the original crash. That design opens fine. Closed it.

Opened the design that I was working on during the original crash. Immediate F360 crash.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mikegem
in reply to: mikegem

And one other symptom - the render thumbnail for this file is blank in Dashboard. All my other designs have a thumbnail preview.
Message 3 of 5
jinhai.zhu

Hi Mikegem,

We are sorry to hear you encountered this crash. Can you attach this file? So that we can diagnose it.

If the previous version of this design is similar with the latest version. It may promote the previous version and continue your work.

promote.png

Thanks,

Gavin

Message 4 of 5
mikegem
in reply to: jinhai.zhu

Hi, JinHai - File attached. I restarted the work in a new design file, so no worries about recovering this file. Thanks for your response.

Message 5 of 5
jinhai.zhu

Hi Mikegem, Much appreciated you. And we will investigate this issue by your file.

-Gavin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report