Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug in Sculpt

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
big_red_frog
368 Views, 5 Replies

Possible Bug in Sculpt

Hi there,

I have noticed a few times while working on complex solid bodies in sculpt, if I delete a face, and dont get the effect I wanted, then use undo to step back, often ( maybe always, not sure ) I cannot reselect those faces recovered with undo. I can select others, and some operations later I can select them again, but just trying to tweak my face selection for sculpt delete becomes a problem.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jakefowler
in reply to: big_red_frog

Many thanks for reporting this! Yes, you're right, we've encountered this issue in testing too. We believe we've fixed the problem in the development code now so you shouldn't see this any longer when the next update is pushed. If you're still seeing this problem then, please do let us know.

Thanks!
Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 6
lure23
in reply to: jakefowler

It's good you're keeping the release cycles to a minimum. Already now, as you see, there starts to be a deviation between our versions. Ideally, do you think the release cycle could be dropped close to continuous integration?

I'm looking forward to the "September" release...

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 6
big_red_frog
in reply to: lure23

+1 on looking forward to an update.

Message 5 of 6
garin
in reply to: lure23

From the development stand point we are learning a lot around such short update cycles. With Fusion 360 we have shifted from a typical 1 year release cycle to around 6 week updates. Perhaps we will get to a point where we have faster updates although we have dependencies across other groups and want to give time for testing and fixing issues before we push out an update. At the moment I see us continue to update Fusion 360 about every 6 - 8 weeks.

As for the Sept. release,we will be pushing that into the first part of Oct. as we need a little more time to bake a few things into the release. We are very eager to get it out as there are some really cool enhancements in this update. 

Message 6 of 6
lure23
in reply to: garin

I span off the update discussion to -> Managing update cycles

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report