Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening / Saving Files in Mac OS X

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Agtoo7
659 Views, 3 Replies

Opening / Saving Files in Mac OS X

I searched this forum to see if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I'm either not searching with the correct keywords or the problem is rare.

Fusion 360 is (mostly) stable for me, this is the only problem I have encountered (aside from the occasional offline servers). When I try to open a file - such as if I want to add an STL assembly to a design - or when I try to save a file from Fusion 360, it will display the file dialog at first. But as soon as I try to expand the dialog, it disappears and Fusion UI becomes unresponsive to everything except for the Quit command. By "expanding", I mean clicking the down-arrow next to the selected filename which expands the dialog into a larger "folder browser" interface.

Is there a solution for this? It's a major nuisance - especially if I forget to force a version save before loading/saving any files.

Running OS X 10.9 on a Mid-2012 Retina MacBook Pro.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Agtoo7
in reply to: Agtoo7

And of course as soon as I posted that, I tried one more time and now the dialog opens up by default in the expanded view - but of course as soon as I try to navigate around to another folder it crashes the dialog.

As long as I accept the default path in the dialog then it allows me to load/save... I just cannot traverse the folder structure without triggering a crash.

Message 3 of 4
kingson138
in reply to: Agtoo7

Hi, Fusion 360 running in Mavericks does have some strange filing behavior. I did report once but people in Autodesk could not duplicate the problems so I stopped asking. The problem I reported is still here especially on directory navigation because for every design I made I have to export them to stp, sat, and stl files for CNC milling. I would say you have to list  your work flow with screen shots etc. and place those here to make them believe what you are talking about.  I am using the program all the time and I stopped asking. Only Jake was able to duplicate the problem with the magic mouse or trackpad after I listed a complete workflow. I think you might have to do the same.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 4 of 4
Agtoo7
in reply to: kingson138

Hmm. I am actually on the road this week on a business trip, so my configuration is slightly different from usual. While at home, my MacBook is attached to triple external HD display panels, an external keyboard, and external mouse. While on the road, it is attached to nothing at all - just the laptop by itself.

I just tried to reproduce the problem on my bare laptop (with no external panels, keyboard, or mouse) and couldn't. I was able to browse the file system just fine.

So it seems maybe due to one of those external components. The mouse I am using is a corded USB mouse from SteelSeries, the keyboard is the full aluminum USB keyboard from Apple (not wireless), and two of the displays are HDMI (via Thunderbolt adapters) while the third display is going through a Kensington DisplayLink USB/HDMI adapter. Can't test each peripheral out though to see which is the culprit until I go back home in a week.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums