Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Fusion 360 files with Inventor Fusion (mac)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
saltsaint
1771 Views, 5 Replies

Open Fusion 360 files with Inventor Fusion (mac)

Recently I have installed Inventor Fusion (mac version).

Despite the fact the saved files from Fusion 360 have the same extension as Inventor Fusion – .f3d –, when trying to open them in Inventor I got the following message (screencapture attached)

Is there a fix or anything I can open Fusion 360 files with Inventor Fusion?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: saltsaint

Hello!

Have you tried exporting the project from Fusion 360 as a different format, such as STEP or SAT, which would also be supported on Inventor Fusion?

Message 3 of 6
saltsaint
in reply to: philip.s

Sure thing, this works without any problem.
The issue was regarding the inability of Inventor Fusion to open the same
standard file format as Fusion 360.
Message 4 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: saltsaint

I'm guessing the issue is related to the file format changing from Inventor Fusion to Fusion 360, which now has new functions and features which might not be supported in the older technology preview software.

Again, that's just a guess and am in the process of verifying with our development team. Thanks for hanging in there!

Message 5 of 6
philip.s

Just confirmed that Inventor Fusion is not able to read native Fusion 360 data due to the newer file format, and as it was a technology preview (graduated to Fusion 360 beta), there are no future plans to update the existing Inventor Fusion software.

I know that's probably not what you were looking for, but unfortunately the only real compatibility option would be the previously mentioned export.

Let me know if I can provide additional clarification!

Message 6 of 6
saltsaint

Thanks a lot for reply!
My guess was I miss an update for Inventor Fusion, but your explanation
makes everything clear

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report