Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old UI on one of my designs?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Dagodevas
251 Views, 1 Reply

Old UI on one of my designs?

I built my first design in Fusion 360 starting a couple weeks ago. When I started my second design about a week ago, I noticed that the UI was different. It was the first time I had seen the Design History and the parametric design features as well as the sculpt features combined with the model workspace. It looks to me like my first design is stuck on an older version of the UI and I can't seem to update it. The Design History option is set to Parametric modeling and I have tried changing it to DM mode and then back with no affect. I got used to using some of the parametric features with my second design and would like to use them as I continue to tweak my first. How can I get this fixed?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SallyYang
in reply to: Dagodevas

Thanks for posting your concern here!

Firstly, don't be worried about update of your first design. If your design was saved in Direct modeling environment, then it will be opened in the same environment too. 

Second, about DM and PM options, there are 2 conditions:

• Create new design with favorite setting

Invoke Preferences from the context menu of breadcrumb button(on the left of undo command)

Set the default design environment (PM, DM or prompt), PM is the default setting.

Preferences.png

• Convert between DM and PM when edit existing design

1) From the context menu of browser top node

2) From the setting button of design history bar

Convert.png

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report