Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
HanswurstNC
225 Views, 1 Reply

Hi,

I've read a number of posts about F360 working better for larger complicated files when it is used in "offline" mode. Most of these posts are a bit old (mid 13).

Questions:

Is there an actual offline mode?

How do I turn it on and off (other than turn off the wifi)

does it make F360 work faster?

does it save a copy of the design on my hardrive or just in ram until reconnected or shut down?

thanks

Hanswurst

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AndrewSears
in reply to: HanswurstNC

Hi Hanswurst,

Offline mode is meant for people to keep working during any lost connections with the internet.  We do not offer the ability to work in offline mode when an internet connection is established.

I assume the performance gain people are talking about in Offline mode only has to do with saving to the online servers.  Saving in Offline mode should be faster because we are caching the files onto the local drive until a connection is established again.  At that point we upload your data to your A360 account. 

In the general preferences you can set the offline time (in days).  This will keep saving your latest version to your local drive in case you drop the connection.

If your internet connection speed is low then you will see the same lagging problems as with any other web service such as loading a web page. 

Thanks,

Andy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report