Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Display Problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
donsmac
228 Views, 3 Replies

More Display Problems

I just reinstalled Fusion, opened a file I've just started.

The file looked ok but zooming in a bit presented a new problem I have not seen before as seen in the second two images.

Before the reinstal, I was having trouble with the display (as in previous posts), and now it was happening everytime I opened Fusion and worked for a few minutes, so I reinstalled, and now this problem is new:

Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 2.49.57 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-06-15 at 2.50.02 PM.jpg

I do have a self-intersecting surface, maybe it's initiating the problem? 

In render view it looks like this:

but, looks ok if I zoom out just a bit

Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 2.50.46 PM.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jinhai.zhu
in reply to: donsmac

Hi donsmac,

It's really an issue existing in Fusion 360. It appears when zooming in with "box mode" models like in your file. It works well with healthy/smooth models. Appreciate you reporting this again. And we have sent it to our dev team to investigate.

Thank you,

Gavin

Message 3 of 4
donsmac
in reply to: jinhai.zhu

The problem did clear up as soon as I deleted a few faces from the tongue where I welded some vertices together.

I'm still getting this other problem more frequently. For the past couple of days, it happens almost everytime I work with Fusion:

I'm hoping this issue is resolved soon. Any possibility of that. I added a couple things to my previous post regarding this but the post is marked as having an excepted solution so in case it got missed i'll draw your attention to that since someone else had posted with a display problem as well. 

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 4.36.41 AM.jpg

Message 4 of 4
NCSkalsky
in reply to: donsmac

Hi Don,  

Regarding your zoom-specific graphics issue.  Good news is that we believe we understand the performance optimization that is causing that effect at some zoom/perspectives.   Unfortunatly we need to study it more to ensure addressing this doesn't dispoportaionally impact performance before including it in a update. 

Would it be possible for us to take a look at your model?  There are a few types of tspline bodies that can cause this and I'd like to know if you have a different varient than what we've reproduced in house.  Completely up to you of course.   If you'd like to share it, here in the forum is fine or you can sent it to me direct nathan(dot)skalsky(AT)Autodesk.com

Again, Thanks for all your help!

-Nathan

Nathan C. Skalsky
Portland, Oregon USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report