Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials Wonkiness - need help!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
keqingsong
528 Views, 6 Replies

Materials Wonkiness - need help!

Hey guys, 

I'm running into this weird occurance in Fusion 360 where whenever I create a new design, I get 2 prompts saying that my materials are missing. 

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 8.54.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 8.54.37 AM.png

However, when I open an existing design that already has model, all the materials on that model is present. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same behavior happns. Any thoughts on why this is happening to me? I'm going to a clean uninstall and see if that works. Let me know, thanks!

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
keqingsong
in reply to: keqingsong

Okay, doing a clean uninstall (uninstall + deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Web Services folder) fixed the issue. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 3 of 7
Oceanconcepts

Keqing,

I have had similar instances. See this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Material-assignments-disappear-after-crash/td... for how to replace the actual library files. Mine were getting corrupted when I had a system crash or shutdown. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 7
keqingsong
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Thanks for Chiming in Ron. What did not help was also the fact that Exchange Materials refused to download for me as well. I'll capture this and take it back to the team for a deeper dive. Thanks! 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 5 of 7
Oceanconcepts

Just to bump this up again, I have had quite a few Fusion crashes (not system crashes) in the last couple of days, and I now notice when I go to apply materials that there are only a very few available- either showing as in the document or as available in the Autodesk Materials. The weird thing is that the appearance materials still display in the drawing- I've got an orange plastic, for instance, that no longer appears in the list, but displays as before the crash. I'm not getting the missing materials dialog, and there are still libraries there, but I don't have anywhere near what I downloaded, or even what is in the current design. I've downloaded quite a few materials, but I think all I see now is the default batch.

Materials definitely seem unstable, and the interface is not very good- for instance, when using the Material command, it would be nice to see what the current material is- probably jump to that in the interface. That would be nice when you want to apply the same material to several parts, but don't recall exactly what it was.

- Ron

Message 6 of 7

I should add that when I try to open the user library at

Library\Application Support\Autodesk\Common\Material Library\0824d41320c41f8bdb54c050033d496a2ff11a82 

The files PhysicalMaterial.adsklib , assetlibrary_base.adsklib are both there, but when I open them the interface says they contain no materials.   And I am unable to launch Exchange Materials.

- Ron

Message 7 of 7

And, after replacing those two files as instructed here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Material-assignments-disappear-after-crash/td...

I am back up with all materials, including all those that I downloaded, and access to the Materials Exchange.Smiley Happy

- Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums