Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sinklar
369 Views, 3 Replies

Loft Error

I am trying to loft between two circles and when I select finish form I get the following error:

Warning: Form3:
Warning: Edges or faces may be crossing.  Review in box mode.

Any help on what a I doing wrong would be much appreciated.Fusion Loft error.jpg

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jakefowler
in reply to: sinklar

Hi sinklar,

Welcome to the Fusion 360 community, and thanks for posting this issue!

This error is being returned because the lofted T-Splines body isn’t able to be converted to a valid surface model. Taking a look at your image, it looks like there are a lot of edges running down the loft (some of these appear to be converging, which is probably what’s causing the problem). Was this intentional?  In general, I’d expect a loft, by default, to have much fewer edges; something like this:

loft1.png

If you got this many edges by default, there may be something going wrong: would it be possible to share this model? (To do this, select Export Archive from the application menu, then attach the f3d file to the forum, or you can email it to me at jake (dot) fowler (at) autodesk (dot) com).

You should be able to adjust the number of edges using the ‘Deviation’ settings (increase the Deviation to reduce the number of edges); or by changing the Length Spacing to Uniform, you can directly specify the number of edges running down the loft. Reducing the number of edges should hopefully get rid of this problem.

Thanks again, and hope this helps!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 4
sinklar
in reply to: jakefowler

I did not change any of the parameters on the loft command. Just left the program defaults. I tried to attached the file, but got the error "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type." Adjusting the deviation does appear to correct the error. Thanks for your help.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
jakefowler
in reply to: sinklar

Thanks very much for emailing the file, I'm able to reproduce this. Looks like it could be an issue with the default values (they shouldn't be 0.000). I'll ask the development team to look into this.

And we'll take a look into the file attachment issue too.

Glad this helped, and many thanks for letting us know about this,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report