Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is F360 really production ready or is it actually just development software?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yoshimitsuspeed
413 Views, 5 Replies

Is F360 really production ready or is it actually just development software?

When I found F360 I knew that it was new software heavy in development and with new work and features being worked on agressively.
I was however under the impression that everything currently in the package was stable and production ready.
Although the price is currently pretty great I am still paying for a product and don't expect to be hassling with development bugs.
Now admittedly I do have drawing and CAM modules enabled but most of my issues have been since before I did so or what seem completely unrelated for the most part.

Days of the software and my files not being accessible.

Crashes many times per day, sometimes to open up and find a file doesn't even appear to exist that had been save noumerous times, closed out and reopend before the crash.
Sometimes it's so slow and jerky it takes twice as long to do anything.

I am currently waiting for a CAM related issue.

I have been waiting for about 15 min now after it froze during a post process.
Now either I close it and loose the last bit of work and who knows what else or I just wait to see what it does. 9 times out of 10 it will crash anyway with no explination of what went wrong.

It just doesn't seem as production ready as autodesk presents it to be.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1229995573786339/
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cekuhnen
in reply to: yoshimitsuspeed

To be honest I would see this as an under development product with a public beta testing.

Fusion just has to many problems regarding bugs, crashes, missing tools or options.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 3 of 6
yoshimitsuspeed
in reply to: cekuhnen

But a development/beta that you pay for?
If that's the case how much are we going to be expected to pay once it's a proper product?

Message 4 of 6
cekuhnen

I think you can work with Fusion in certain areas pretty well. So the question might be what you expect to do with it.

Obviously compared to Alias or Rhino, Fusion is a toy when it comes to surface tools. But then considering the solid tools the physics engine the CAM tool it is pretty fantastic also because of the T-Splines and Timeline.

Personally for me I came to the conclusion that Fusion is not a replacement of Alias Rhino but a great tool to assemble parts.

About price I don't think it will change. Like with Adobe it is one flat price they calculated.

And Fusion gets many updates left and right. Considering how fast they developed this product it is quite impressive what they did.

I am sure in half a year or a year Fusion will be pretty significant.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 5 of 6
yoshimitsuspeed
in reply to: cekuhnen

I agree it's impressive what they have done and how fast they have done it.
It just seems really glitchy and buggy for what is supposed to be production ready software.
It's still my best option at the moment but it's frusterating paying for software and still needing to deal with beta type glitches and crashes.
Heck, coming from the linux world I am used to running alpha or development branch software that is more stable.

Message 6 of 6
cekuhnen

I tested other free packages like FreeCAD and such and with all the bugs in Fusion it really is a nice product to work with. The UI is just fantastic.

Give it some time and Fusion will be greater. I never had any software which came just out and was perfect to work with from the beginning.
Software development takes its time.

Claas Kuhnen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report