Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem: "column path not unique" error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Kingluminaire
414 Views, 6 Replies

Installation problem: "column path not unique" error

When I start the downloader to install Fusion 360 this is what I see "column path not unique" and the suggestion that I need to attach certain file when I report the problem. I can use some help.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
svelez
in reply to: Kingluminaire

Hi,

Sorry for the difficulty.  What you are seeing is a networking problem that I am not familiar with and am not sure if it will be persistent or if it is transient.  There also may be garbage left around from previous failed installs, so please start fresh by opening an command window, and typing the following:

rmdir /s "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\webdeploy"

And answer "y" when prompted, and run the installation again.

If it fails again after doing this, then please post the log for the intial failure (i.e. please don't try to get it to work by running again before sending the log file).

In order to better analyze the problem may I ask if you are trying to install from a corporate, personal, or public network?

Thanks,

Steven

Message 3 of 7
Kingluminaire
in reply to: svelez

Hi Steven I tried what you suggested but exact same thing happened again. This is a my own PC at home. Thanks
Message 4 of 7

I did perform a full scan on my PC and after it finished I was successfully installed the program. Yay!
Thanks for the help Steven.
Message 5 of 7
Helmi74

just for other people probably finding this threads: What do you mean by "full scan"?

Did you use a virus scan or any other system scan?
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 6 of 7
svelez

Helmi74 asks an excellent question, I am curious to know as well.  If you did run a full virus scan... where any viruses found?

Thanks,

Steven

Message 7 of 7
cetin

Hİ,

today  I met  this  problem.

I try open with  "run  as administrator" and I  can install Fusion 360.

May be you  can open  like this

Cetin

@Kingluminaire wrote:

When I start the downloader to install Fusion 360 this is what I see "column path not unique" and the suggestion that I need to attach certain file when I report the problem. I can use some help.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report