Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing STEP files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alcowger
316 Views, 4 Replies

Importing STEP files

One step file is hanging in the progress bar.

I was able to import the same file successfully at a later time but the one previous file keeps trying to resend

sometimes the program quits and when restarting I get a popup saying that the import was unsuccessful and

the progress icon shows that the import is in about 50% progress. This problem has persisted for 3 days.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AndrewSears
in reply to: alcowger

Can you send me the STEP file?  Email to andrew.sears@autodesk.com.  If the file is too large to email, send me a private message and I will give you the details to upload the file.

We have a way to clear the upload cache so the program will stop trying to upload.

For Windows:

- Browse to C:\Users\ "YOUR USERNAME" \AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\9T7HR93TCPCP\PLM360Cache\qa4001.autodeskplm.com\UploadQueue

- Delete any data that shows up in this folder.

I don't have a way to test without any failed upload data so let me know if this does not work and I will try to find another solution.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 5
alcowger
in reply to: AndrewSears

Thank You For Your Help

The solution has stopped the program from crashing and the unknown exception message has stopped appearing although the import in progress still shows.

Message 4 of 5
AndrewSears
in reply to: alcowger

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Dashboard-error-bug/m-p/4806693#M4137

This was an earlier post with similar issues.  Can you go to "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\dev\JobManager360\9T7HR93TCPCP\" and delete everything in this folder?

This did not seem to help a different user but both of the suggestions are removing the upload queue and the job manager data.  If this does not help we will look for another solution.

Andy 

Message 5 of 5
alcowger
in reply to: AndrewSears

Searched app data for jobs.json and deleted file. Worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report