Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of SVG text isn't working

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AutoDebilitator
2691 Views, 3 Replies

Import of SVG text isn't working

I'm trying to import a .svg file containing text into Fusion 360.  When I do it, nothing is imported - no new sketch, and nothing on screen.  I've tried creating .svg files using Illustrator and Inkscape, and neither are working.  When I open the .svg files in a web browser I can see the text.  I tried downloading .svg files online, and these import okay, so it seems like some setting I have wrong when saving my .svg files?  I'm unable to attach the SVG files as the file type isn't supported for these message boards.

AutoD
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you compress the files (Illustrator and Inkscape) with 7z or Windows zip utility?  If not, can you email the file to me?  Send to andrew.sears@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 4

I figured this out. As suspected, this was user error on my part. The SVG files with text weren't converted to paths prior to saving. In Inkscape, this is done by choosing Path > Object to Path. Works great now.
AutoD
Message 4 of 4
maxsuame
in reply to: AutoDebilitator

I am new to F360 and am having an impossible time trying to import SVG.

After looking around the dark corners of the internet, I have found a few bread crumbs on the tactics used to coax the little vectors into F360.

The computer I am using is a MBPr and running Mavericks with Fusion360 v1.8.568.

I did find some directions that indicated that to import SVG files that you needed to be in an 'active' sketch. Which I did, and still the 'Import SVG' menu command does not appear.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report