Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update model to current version in an assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
prcdslnc13
1382 Views, 5 Replies

How to update model to current version in an assembly

Im modeling a large assembly (>100 parts) so I have been working the parts for my assembly out side of the "assembly" design to make them a bit easier to manage. It has been working great but as I work and find changes that need to be made, I am having uses updating the part in the "assembly" to the current version of the part file without completely deleting and replacing it. 

I feel like I am doing something wrong and maybe missing a function. Can someone please help? Im used ot working in Creo and this is my first jaunt into 360. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jinhai.zhu
in reply to: prcdslnc13

Hi prcdsInc13, 

Thank you for bring out this issue after using Fusion 360. Currently, we don't support updating models in assembly. And there is a same idea post in linked cad files on IdeaStation. We are considering this suggestion which is posted by you.

thanks,

Gavin

Message 3 of 6
prcdslnc13
in reply to: jinhai.zhu

I feel like this is a feature that is absolutly needed for Fusion 360. The nature of the program, both with the colloaboration and the project file setup makes this a natural feature that should have been there from the start. This is a program that is on its way to being a solid software solution now that the history bar has been added. That still needs work but the ability to link models and update to their current version is extremely important. 

Message 4 of 6
mniadna

I ran into the same problem!  I would also like to see some way to update your "assembly" design when changes are made to your "component" design files.

Message 5 of 6
dcrouch9

Add me to the list too. This is a feature that is very much needed.
Message 6 of 6
CGPM
in reply to: dcrouch9

Even bigger issue if you are going to machine the parts after designing them.  Can't wait for assemblies to be "fully" supported.  Still love the program though!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report