Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make changes to a sketch then update the "child" solid model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CPEProjE
1773 Views, 4 Replies

How to make changes to a sketch then update the "child" solid model

ADF360 Forum,

After I modify or ammend a sketch used to generate a solid, how do I execute a global update or refresh so that the model reflects the changes?

Thank you,

CPEProjE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
garin
in reply to: CPEProjE

At the moment Fusion 360 is a direct modeler that doesn't capture history or parametrics. That means once you extrude, revolve or loft something from a sketch, the feature wont update if the sketch is edited. To edit your design you can use Press Pull to make changes to your model. 

That said we are madly working away at adding parametrics to Fusion 360 in an update slated for mid to end of December. This will allow you to create sketches with equations and dims that when edited will update downstream features. Many people still really like direct modeling for quick concept models so we wont take that away, just add a way to build parametric models also. 

If you are interested in getting your hands on it a little early to give us feedback, shoot me a direct message with your email address and we will try to get you an early preview of it.

Message 3 of 5
lure23
in reply to: garin

Hip, hip hurray! 

"create sketches with equations and dims that when edited will update downstream features"

Hugs to the development team!

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 5
CPEProjE

Good morning Garin (Autodesk Representative).

Per your response to my Forum question "How to make changes to a sketch then update the "child" solid model," I want to let you know that I and my fellow Mechanical Engineering counterpart are definitely interested in the updated scheduled release of Fusion 360 which will contain parametric functionality.

Please email me at hhammond@cpe-llc.com.

Thank you sincerely,

Henri J. Hammond, E.I.T. 16109
Project Engineer

CUSTOM PROCESS EQUIPMENT, LLC - 4727 Evangeline Thruway, Carencro, LA 70520 - www.cpe-llc.com
Tel (Office): +1 337- 896-3815 ext. 110
Fax: +1 337-896-3816
Mobile: +1 337-793-6190
hhammond@cpe-llc.com

[cid:image002.jpg@01CEC996.34E4F2A0]

Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments.

This email and any attached files ("Message") may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you receive this Message in error, inform the sender by reply email, delete the Message and destroy any printed copy.
Any unauthorized use, distribution, or copying of this Message or any part thereof is prohibited. Emails are susceptible to alteration. Custom Process Equipment, LLC shall not be liable for the Message if altered or falsified or for any damage caused by any virus that might be transmitted with this Message.
Message 5 of 5
Helmi74

looks like someone replied to their forum notification email and the forum software puts this on as a post directly? Great feature, didn't know of that - have to try that, too 🙂
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report