Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manually enter Offline mode?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
lure23
1146 Views, 9 Replies

How do I manually enter Offline mode?

I thought Keqing showed it on a video. Ability to switch Fusion 360 "offline" even if I have connection (i.e. postpone any syncing). Is it there?

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
garin
in reply to: lure23

There was a switch we used to test it offline but at the moment it just prompts you if it can't detect a connection. I usually turn off my wifi to enter the mode but that only works if you don't need to be online for anything else. Let us know your thoughts around having a switch to control it yourself. 

Message 3 of 10
kingson138
in reply to: garin

Hi Garin, Some of us might think that we can work on our exported archive files or save new files to our computers when wifi not possible. Later the files will sync back to Autodesk360. Is that what we might be getting?

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 4 of 10
garin
in reply to: kingson138

You are correct. If you turn off your WiFi or lose it for some reason you will be taken to a simplified "Local" page in place of your dashboard. From there you can edit recent designs you have worked on or create new ones and when you re-connect to the internet, the designs you created/edited will be updated online. It has been a very highly requested feature from many Fusion 360 users. 

Message 5 of 10
Phil.E

In Preferences there is a setting for the number of days the data stays locally cached. Default is 14.

HP EliteBook 8560w Win 7
13" MacBook Pro, mid 2009 OS X 10.8.4
Portland, Oregon

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 10
kingson138
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi thanks for the reply I cut off internet this morning and it worked!. Yes since my computers are connected by wire I had to unplug to find these features. It is good and now I know what that cache is. Great works!

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 7 of 10
Phil.E
in reply to: kingson138

One last comment from me:

I should explain a little more deeply.

If you are in offline mode and have saved your work, this goes into an upload cue that is never subject to the cache time limit. The cache time limit is strictly regarding the 'lag' by which things you work on are 'remembered' for possible offline working.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
mark.young

Will it save files to my local Autodesk360 folder, or somewhere more obscure?

Message 9 of 10
Phil.E

The latter.

HP EliteBook 8560w Win 7
13" MacBook Pro, mid 2009 OS X 10.8.4
Portland, Oregon

(Feel free to ask more questions, we're always glad to help. Otherwise, please mark this with Accept as Solution so that other users can benefit from it.)

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
mark.young

Thanks. Will Fusion360 data always be kept seperate from Autodesk360 data?

A switch for this might be a good idea. I'm on holiday to somewhere pretty remote next week so I'll see how it goes! Maybe if you have a very slow connection, designing would feel quicker if you worked off line for a few hours, then turned on and uploaded while you go and get a coffee?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report