Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having no luck with contact sets

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sanguish
249 Views, 2 Replies

Having no luck with contact sets

I've been trying to establish contact sets for my components but I'm having no luck.

I have three components as shown in the diagram. A grounded component that is the main part of the assembly, a sliding component, and a pin that is in the end of the component (which is itself a component).

I've tried mulitiple selections and manual contact sets, I've tried analyzed contact sets, but I can't get it to work.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? (I've watched the videos.. but I'm stumped)

NOTE: the rigid joint doesn't exist. I can't seem to create that without things rotating.

ComponentsDiagram.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mike.Zhang
in reply to: sanguish

Hi Sanguish,

I guess you wanted to add a stop point on the spin part in the model.

You just need to make the spin part grounded, then set a contact set between the slider and the spin.

I've recorded a video to show you how to do with it, but seems can't attach it here, so I finally attaced a image to describe it, you can try it. If you still can't understand well, you can reply me your email, I'll send you the demo by mail.

Any questions please let me know.

My mail: jiangang.zhang@autodesk.com

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Mike.Zhang
in reply to: Mike.Zhang

10212013.png

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report