Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ! — Text insertion bug — my design has become invisible

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
panzinip
236 Views, 2 Replies

HELP ! — Text insertion bug — my design has become invisible

I was trying to generate a text outline on my model, in a typeface (Gotham Bold) that displayed as bounding boxes instead of the correct character outlines.

As soon as I hit OK, the view Cube, the Grid and all the assets became invisible in my scene. The UI seems to work fine, but even if I try to revert to an older version, when I promote the previous version, it loads the models (i can see them in the browser) but again the canvas is blank: No Cube, no Grid and no objects.

I have managed to export my design as a Fusion archive. I can upload it from my hard drive and the viewer shows me my model correctly; but I have no way (or I know of no wat) to import that archive in a new project or design.

I really need to retrive this model.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
herzinj
in reply to: panzinip

I am seeing the same behavior from your model, and am not sure what is causing the issue.  While others are looking for a solution, have you tried to go back to an older version of the model and see if it is visible?  If you click on Actions: Open Item Details, you can then click on Versions and promote one of the older versions that shows geometry up to the top and work with that.  Hopefully one of those version would not be too far off from where you ran into the problem.

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 3
herzinj
in reply to: panzinip

Take a look at the attached.  I'm not sure if I destroyed anything while working with this, but there's some geometry!  I had gone in and deleted a few features like sketches, etc, closed Fusion, and when I came back, there it was.  Maybe it will help.

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report