Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet bug

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cekuhnen
351 Views, 7 Replies

Fillet bug

In the preview the fillet works when accepting the value it states tha value is to big.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2V1RobW8wbXNCenM/edit?usp=sharing

However in Rhino the 1 cm radius works. So I guess there must be some sort of bug in Fusion here.

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 11.29.10 AM.png

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
NicolasXu
in reply to: cekuhnen

Hi cekuhnen,

Thanks for letting us know the problem. Would it be possible to send the file to us for a deeper look?

You can Export Archive from the 3 bar menu on the top left corner of Fusion 360. If you do not want to post the file to the community, you can send the file to me at lixiong.xu[AT]autodesk.com and I will take a look at it.

Best Regards, 

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
cekuhnen
in reply to: NicolasXu

Send you an email.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 4 of 8
NicolasXu

Thanks for the quick response, cekuhnen.

I can reproduce this issue. I will report the case into the internal issue tracking system and ask the development team to look into it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi I had seen this problem before. I just did not report it. Once again, the Parametric Mode needs lots of bug fixing before it is ready.
Message 6 of 8
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kingson,

Thanks for letting us know your case.  We’re actively working on improving the product. Please continue to report any problems you encountered. These reports would give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution. 

Best Regards and much appreciated!

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
jakefowler
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Claas,

I looked into this with Nicolas, and this does seem to be a quirk with parametric Fillet. As you can see from the successful preview, we're technically able to generate the geometry, but it gets blocked when completing the command.

A couple of workarounds that might help:

1. This fillet works if this is a Direct model. So you could perform these initial steps (including the fillet) in a Direct model, then right-click the top node of the browser and select "Capture Design History" to begin capturing parametric features after that.
  2. A less elegant solution, but one that lets you keep your parametric history: if you first create the fillet at a smaller radius (e.g. 0.5cm), then select those fillet faces and hit Delete to restore the sharp edges again, these new sharp edges should fillet to the required radius.

We're going to be working hard on improving the stability of the parametric environment over the next few updates, so please do continue to let us know when you find issues such as this.

Many thanks for reporting this, and hope this helps for now,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 8 of 8
cekuhnen
in reply to: jakefowler

Hi Jake,

sure will do to let you know in case something bugs.

This is a pretty impressive fast development you guys did sofar considering how many features were added compared to how long other applications take to grow.

At least in the direct modeling all works fine so thats good limiting this to the design time line only.

Claas Kuhnen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report