Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX IS COMING: Problem updating to the latest release

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
sanjay_jayabal
900 Views, 37 Replies

FIX IS COMING: Problem updating to the latest release

We have already seen about 4 posts regarding problems with the installation of the latest update.  Most of the reports have been on a Mac where the pattern seems to be that it crashes on launch after the update.  We test heavily on Mac OS X as well as Windows and had a number of folks go through this experience to make sure it works well before we pushed live.  Obviously there is a condition that is triggering this that we need to understand.  We are actively investigating this and following up to understand the problem.  While we don't have a solution currently, rest assured that we will do all that we can to get to the bottom of it and address it as soon as possible.  We will post an update on this issue as soon as we understand the cause and can come up with a fix for it.  Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and impact to your productivity.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38

Sanjay - What update?  The app crashes on startup before any chance of updating.  The installer downloaded from the web site has a date from May 23rd.

Where is the update for this?

Thanks.

Hans Kellner
Senior Manager, Principal Engineer
Message 22 of 38

Hi Hanskellner,

As already mentioned the crash on startup on Mac OS 10.7.5 is something we are testing a fix for and expect to provide an update by tomorrow (assuming our tests don't uncover anything that is a showstopper). I was referring to Nathaniel's issue(s) on a Win 7 system which seems like something we are not hearing from others. We apologize that it is taking a few days to get you the fix for OS X 10.7.5 and we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and so sorry about having impacted your productivity.

Best regards,
Sanjay Jayabal.
Message 23 of 38

Sanjay,

I am getting a CER and I have sent it at least 2 times with my email
address in the field. Two of our machines are running Win7 and one is
running 8.1. I am running 2.1.1145 on the machine that I'm talking about.
for now. Best to stick with one machine. I have sent another CER. Thanks
for all your hard work!

Nathaniel

*CER_96405271*
Message 24 of 38

Hi Nathaniel,

It seems that all your crashes happened on the Quadro 570M graphics card. Can you please help switch to DirectX 9 to see if that is a driver specific problem? You can do that by:

1. Once you launch Fusion, don't open any document

2. Go to preference -> General -> Graphics driver

3. Switch from DirectX11 to DirectX 9

4. Close Fusion and then restart

Please let us know if it makes any difference

Thanks

Chengyun Yang

Fusion graphics developer

Message 25 of 38

SOLUTION - I found a solution to getting back up and running.

Steps:

1. Uninstall Fusion 360

2. Clear the browser cache of all data.  In my case it's Chrome.

3. Install Fusion 360

This enabled me to install and begin running the app once again.

Hans Kellner
Senior Manager, Principal Engineer
Message 26 of 38

Hi Hanskellner,

Great to hear that you are up and running now.  Thank you for also sharing the solution that worked for you.  General cleanup in terms of clearing caches, reinstalling the software are typically first steps that we explore, but in this case of Mac OS X 10.7.5, we actually found that it didn't help.  So, it is a bit of a mystery still that the process you outlined below now allows you to run Fusion 360 on your Mac OS X 10.7.5 and does not crash on startup.

We plan to post an updated build later today where we have a code fix for the problem.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 27 of 38

We just released an update that should address the crash on startup on Mac OS X 10.7.5.  If you are on a version previous to 10.7.5, we strongly recommend that you update it to at least 10.7.5.  Please do let us know if this update fixes your problem and our apologies for having introduced the problem in the first place.

Best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 28 of 38

@joel.palioca wrote:

Hi Steve,

Sorry about the confusion between what Fusion is showing and what you see at 360.autodesk.com.  Hopefully I can help answer some of your questions and provide you with an alternate solution.

1) Are these really separate cloud libraries or is something set up wrong.

-Fusion 360 and 360.autodesk.com have different databases for data storage and as such the data you have in one will not be replicated within the other.  We are aware that this has caused some confusion with customers and are actively looking at ways to help communicate this difference.
2) Will there be an embed function becoming available from the fusion 360 library

-What I believe you are actually looking for can be found at myhub.autodesk360.com.  When I read your email it sounds like you are looking to have similar functionality that 360.autodesk.com has, but with your Fusion data.  This will have that data, and will also have a similar feeling to the Fusion that you see from your install.
3) Is there any way to make 360.autodesk link to fusion in a natural way - you have the 'share to grabcad' capability but no obvious 'share to 360.autodesk'.

-Right now we do not have a way to accomplish this in a natural way.  I believe you have found a current workaround, but with my answer to number 2 do you still feel like you need to transfer your data to 360.autodesk.com?  I would be interested in hearing if this solves your issue and if there is anything that 360.autodesk.com was providing to you that you are unable to do from myhub.autodesk360.com.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions,

Joel,

There is no embed capability as far as I can see in myhub.autodesk360.com. I wish to embed a small rotatable model in my website for marketing purposes. As explained 360.autodesk.com provides such a feature but the hub associated with fusion 360 (assuming that is what myhub.autodesk.com is) does not.

You have implied that there is an embed capability in myhub.autodesk360 but I cannot find any so please can you confirm that my observation is correct and let me know if 1) there are any plans to add this to myhub.autodesk360.com or 2) any plans to allow simple export of F3d files to 360.autodesk.com.

regards

Steve

Message 29 of 38

How can we install this update - I just tried rerunning the application and it does not appear to update itself (CER_96509219)

Steve

Message 30 of 38

Hi Steve,

Please use the launchpad on your Mac to first uninstall what you have installed and stream the install from fusion360.autodesk.com.

Best regards,
Sanjay Jayabal.
Message 31 of 38

The new update has been installed and works, up to a point. The viewcube is very unresponsive, and if I hide the browser or toolbar it is not possible to show them again from the top menu bar.

Steve

Message 32 of 38

Hi Steve,

My apologies I must have misread your original message when you were looking for embedded capabiltiies to put into your website.  Right now we don't have this capability, but if it is alright with you I would like to email you directly and gather from you what exactly your trying to do.  I believe I have a good understanding from this conversation now, but I want to make certain I have it correct so that we can look at what is involved in adding this capability for Fusion.

Thanks,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 33 of 38

I am still having a great deal of issues with this release. 

My previous machine is still having issues and I am waiting to hear back on that CER. On to the next machine! Fusion 360 doesn't show anything in the viewport. The model is there, you can select the T Splines and faces but it's completely invisible. It doesn't crash, in fact it appears to be quite stable but I can't see what I'm doing. So in an effort to do my due diligence, I updated my video card driver (nvidia geforce something or other), got a new monitor hooked up and changed my driver for ActiveX from 11 to 9. I'm still experienceing the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas? It was working on this machine prior to the new release.

Nothing Viewing..jpg

Message 34 of 38

Hi Nathaniel,

On the machine where you are cannot see the model, but it appears to be working, can you switch to wireframe mode and tell me if you see the model?  If so, under Preferences, can you go to Material and see if any of the fields there is empty?

best regards,
Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 35 of 38

Sanjay,

It does have a material and switching to wireframe has no effect. The grid is also missing if that helps.

Best,
Nathaniel

Message 36 of 38

Hi Nathaniel,

We have looked into your CER reports. All of your CER reports happened on the graphics card nVidida Quadro 570M, which is a very old graphics card. We suspect that this might be graphics card related. Please note that Fusion May release places a higher demand on the graphics card capability to support some fundamental graphics features/behaviors. 

To verify if this is a graphics card issue, can you please try the following steps?

1. When you launches Fusion, don't open any document(i.e., stay in the dashboard environment)

2. Bring out the text command window(through view->show text command window menu)

3. In the text command window, input the following text commands(make sure to switch from Py radio box to Txt on the right of the text command window😞

•     Options.driver /dx11
  •     Options.DeviceType /sw
  •     Options.save

4. Restart Fusion.

This will get Fusion to run with software driver instead of on the graphics card driver. In this mode, the performance will be much slower but if Fusion can work, then that means the crash on your machine is related to the graphics card driver.

Looking forware to your feedbacks.

Thanks

Chengyun Yang - Fusion graphics developer

Message 37 of 38

Chengyun,

I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. Surely, while the card is older, it is an older card it can run this application. I have never had an issue with it running very advanced programs and it did work prior to this update.

More to follow.
Nathaniel
Message 38 of 38

Joel,

yes please email me.

regards

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report