Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX IS COMING: Problem updating to the latest release

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
sanjay_jayabal
1012 Views, 37 Replies

FIX IS COMING: Problem updating to the latest release

We have already seen about 4 posts regarding problems with the installation of the latest update.  Most of the reports have been on a Mac where the pattern seems to be that it crashes on launch after the update.  We test heavily on Mac OS X as well as Windows and had a number of folks go through this experience to make sure it works well before we pushed live.  Obviously there is a condition that is triggering this that we need to understand.  We are actively investigating this and following up to understand the problem.  While we don't have a solution currently, rest assured that we will do all that we can to get to the bottom of it and address it as soon as possible.  We will post an update on this issue as soon as we understand the cause and can come up with a fix for it.  Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and impact to your productivity.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38
donsmac
in reply to: sanjay_jayabal

Hi Sanjay,

I have solved the problem we were discussing today. Turning off my firewall worked, it allowed the download and install to happen. The thing is, I had installed it successfully before I did the clean uninstall so I never thought of turning off the fire wall. Never had to do that when I installed the previous two versions.

When the same problem occured on my second Mac I realized the only common thing was the firewall.

Very happy about that.

Message 3 of 38
575maranello
in reply to: donsmac

I loaded the update and since then it crashes on launch.  The firewall is turned off and it still crashes on launch.  I keep getting the error "unhandled exception".  I've been trying to get it to work since yesterday morning and have had no luck.

Message 4 of 38

I assume you are also on a Mac OS?  If so, can you tell me which version?

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal

Message 5 of 38

Yes, I'm using OSX 10.7.5. 

Message 6 of 38

This is the same problem for which we are working on a fix.  We believe we have identified the root cause and will post an update as soon as we can.  Very sorry about this and we are working to get you back on track soon.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal

Message 7 of 38

Thanks for your help!

best

-Jeff

Message 8 of 38
keqingsong
in reply to: 575maranello

Bumping this for more visibility. We are actively working on a fix that addresses your issues of sluggishness, graphic weirdness, and hard crashes. These are all related to one issue regarding Fusion 360 eating up an abnormal amount of graphic card memory. More info to come. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: keqingsong

I have the same problem - hard crash on launch after the 'update' - running on dual core Mac Pro system OSX 10.7.5.

Extremely worrying as I am predicating a large amount of our marketing on telling our customers to use fusion 360.

Steve

Message 10 of 38
sanjay_jayabal
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Steve,

We fully understand your concerns and feel extremely bad that we didn't catch this before releasing.  We already have a fix that will need to get tested for a day (to couple of days) to make sure it is good and we plan to post an update for this by early next week.  Do note that this is very specific to OS X 10.7.5.  Customers on Mountain Lion and Mavericks will not experience this (same) issue.  We are working to get you the fix for this as soon as we can.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous

Sanjay,

thanks for the update - It came at a bad time for me as I was scheduled to demo this product to my boss so he could make a decision about whether we should build models of our entire portofolio in fusion 360.

In regard to that question I have found it hard understanding how my autodesk 360 account works - if I login and go to my fusion account I recall (as I can't login I cant check) get a project listing that says 'Autodesk 360', but if I go to https://360.autodesk.com/ I get a different listing that shows a completely different set of files, and this too is listed as autodesk 360.

In the fusion hub there is no possibility to embed a rotatable 3d model in a webpage, in the 360.autodesk listing there is and it works well. This is the functionality that we need, but as there is no way to publish to 360.autodesk from fusion we have to download and then reupload models to 360.autodesk to get this to work.

So I have come questions

1) Are these really separate cloud libraries or is something set up wrong.
2) Will there be an embed function becoming available from the fusion 360 library
3) Is there any way to make 360.autodesk link to fusion in a natural way - you have the 'share to grabcad' capability but no obvious 'share to 360.autodesk'.

regards

Steve

Steven Jones

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hertford Developments Ltd
Willow House, 100 High Street, Somersham, PE28 3EH
Tel +44 (0) 845 899 0257 Fax +44 (0) 845 899 0259
-------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous

Hi Steve, the new update does have rotational 3d model. All you have to do is click on the picture or the name of the model on the dashboard on in your folder. A 3D rotational model will show up. You can also expand it. (But I am running the latest OSX 10.9.3, older version might not display this 3d rotational model).

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 7.56.40 pm.png

Message 13 of 38
keqingsong

Update: We have a fix - testing it today on our dev builds and will be pushing it live shortly after. Thanks again for everyone's patience and help on this, we're getting there. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 14 of 38
joel.palioca

Hi Steve,

Sorry about the confusion between what Fusion is showing and what you see at 360.autodesk.com.  Hopefully I can help answer some of your questions and provide you with an alternate solution.

1) Are these really separate cloud libraries or is something set up wrong.

-Fusion 360 and 360.autodesk.com have different databases for data storage and as such the data you have in one will not be replicated within the other.  We are aware that this has caused some confusion with customers and are actively looking at ways to help communicate this difference.
2) Will there be an embed function becoming available from the fusion 360 library

-What I believe you are actually looking for can be found at myhub.autodesk360.com.  When I read your email it sounds like you are looking to have similar functionality that 360.autodesk.com has, but with your Fusion data.  This will have that data, and will also have a similar feeling to the Fusion that you see from your install.
3) Is there any way to make 360.autodesk link to fusion in a natural way - you have the 'share to grabcad' capability but no obvious 'share to 360.autodesk'.

-Right now we do not have a way to accomplish this in a natural way.  I believe you have found a current workaround, but with my answer to number 2 do you still feel like you need to transfer your data to 360.autodesk.com?  I would be interested in hearing if this solves your issue and if there is anything that 360.autodesk.com was providing to you that you are unable to do from myhub.autodesk360.com.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 38
bespenship

Following Sanjay's post, we have deployed a fix to address visual issues on MacOS in the graphics area that make a design very difficult or impossible to work with visually.  Recent improvements to support rendering and materials place a higher load on the graphics subsystem, and customers are encountering the issue as a result.  The next time you launch Fusion, you will receive a small update that addresses this issue.

This update is our first Fusion point (economical) update, which has been enabled by recent changes in our product streamer (installer).  The change allows an update the download and update a portion of the complete install / streamer package.  The result is that the update should be significantly faster than a full download and installation.

As always, we would appreciate your feedback on both the fix and update process.

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 16 of 38

Just wanted to add that the update has also broken my install of Fusion 360. I saw that it downloaded, but no prompt every came once it was done. I restarted the app, and upon restart the app crashes immediately.

System details:

OSX Version: 10.9.2

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB

Really looking forward to a fix or way to rollback.

Message 17 of 38

@michaelbuffington - Thanks for the feedback for your crash on Mavericks - I want to make sure ...

Are you referring the the release earlier this week or the update we just deployed about an hour ago?  We have people running the release (and release earlier this week without any issue).  Can you contact me directly at brent DOT espenship AT autodesk DOT com so we can work with you to get you back up and running?

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 18 of 38
hanskellner
in reply to: bespenship

Also crashing without the most recent downloadable install on my MacPro running 10.7.5.  I first ran the app and it indicated it needed to install a critical update.  I let that occur and it crashed around 60% into the update.  I uninstalled and then downloaded the newest installer and ran that.  This installed but then crashed as soon as the app started.  Several crash reports should be in your queue from this issue.  It would be nice providing a previous install so that folks can continue using the product instead of waiting for a working build.

Thanks,

Hans

Hans Kellner
Senior Manager, Principal Engineer
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous

Sanjay,

I'm running Win 7 with quadro card and I'm having similar issues. It doesn't crash on startup but rather when I load a file. The environment just can't load. I'm running no other applications and have experienced the same issue both while connected to the internet via cable, wireless and in offline mode.

I had the previous release up and running with no problem but this release is simply unusable on any of my three machines. 

Best,

Nathaniel

Message 20 of 38

Hi Nathaniel,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the update. Did you update today and experience issues opening file(s)? If the dashboard loads successfully for you, can you go to Help > About and tell me which build number you see? Are you seeing a CER (Crash Error Report) dialog? If so, can you please enter your email address in the CER and submit it? Are all 3 of your machines running Win 7 and do these machines have similar specs?
We don't have reports from other customers experiencing your scenario (at least none that I am aware of yet), but if you can provide the above information, I'll follow up.

Best regards,
Sanjay Jayabal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report