Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude-Cut Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TheCADWhisperer
413 Views, 8 Replies

Extrude-Cut Problem

In the timeline edit the Extrude feature.

Previews OK, but I get an error on selecting OK.

Extrude Cut Problem.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Thanks for posting this! Looks like you've found a bug here. I'll forward this to the development team & we'll get this one fixed - apologies for the inconvenience.

For now, a quick workaround might be to change the Extent option to Distance, and use a value that extrudes through the entire part (rather than specifically using the All option). This seemed to work OK for me. If this doesn't help you, let us know.

Thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 9

@jakefowler wrote:

This seemed to work OK for me. If this doesn't help you, let us know.

Thanks!

Jake

This work-around worked once for me - but I could not get it to work consistently.

As I experiemented with several different settings for the Extrude-Cut, it would no longer work at all.

I deleted the feature and tried to reproduce with a given distance - and it didn't work.

Message 4 of 9

I deleted the feature and the sketch.

Recreated the sketch and cannot select it for Press/Pull.

(see attached image)

Which brings up a couple of other problems -

1. Is there a way to directly attach a *.f3d file here?  (what I am doing now is saving an Archive locally and then attaching it here)

2. When I try to attach a *.f3d file using IE 11 I get the error screen shown below, yet I am able to attach using Chrome.

Thus far the entire experience, with Fusion and communication here in the community feels like a Beta experience. 

Attaching f3d.PNG

Message 5 of 9

With more experimentation - it appears that Fusion gets confused if there is both open (the Projected Cut Edges not converted to Construction) and closed profiles in the sketch.

Message 6 of 9

I decided to try to keep the problem as simple as possible.

Extrusion doesn't work correclty?

For some reason I cannot select Sketch2 for a Press/Pull.

Any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly?

Message 7 of 9

What sketch shows in the browser?   (Sketch3)

Two sketches are shown in the timeline.

I created Sketch2, and trouble and rewind the timeline before Sketch2 to create Sketch3.

Try to Extrude-Cut Sketch3.

Drag the last sketch in the timeline to occur before the previous sketch.

How does the browser change?

Message 8 of 9

I am getting unexpected Extrude-Cut relults on simple primitive geometry (sphere) as well.

Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Sorry to see that you’re still having problems, and many thanks for taking the time to log all of these.

Just to make sure I’m capturing everything you’ve seen:

• Extrude Cut issue (1st and most recent posts): we can reproduce this issue here and are investigating now.
  • Can’t select sketch for Press Pull: I wasn’t able to reproduce this one - I was able to extrude profiles as expected from ‘Select Sketch.f3d’. If you have an image of the sketch object you were trying & failing to extrude, that would be very helpful.
  • Sketch disappears from browser: thanks for the detailed steps. I haven’t reproduced this so far but will keep trying. To resolve this on your model: if you press the ‘play’ button on the timeline, this replays all of the features & should bring the browser to its expected state.
  • Sending f3d files: using Export Archive & attaching here is probably the easiest way for now - I’m afraid there’s no function currently to attach a design to the forum directly from Fusion 360. An alternative is to invite people directly to the project containing the files in question (although this will grant them access to the entire project). We’re aware that there are some gaps in the file sharing workflows, and we’re working on some big changes to our data sharing system right now to make this kind of thing much easier in future.
  • Attaching f3d through IE11: I wasn’t aware of this problem, I’ll follow this up with the forum team.

Again, appreciate you continuing to update this thread, and sorry for the problems you’re encountering. Once we nail down these issues, we can get them logged with the development team, and get them resolved as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report