Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard confusion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Helmi74
286 Views, 4 Replies

Dashboard confusion

Hi,

the dashboards starting page has two columns - RECENT and ACTIVITY.

I don't quite get the difference between the two and they sometimes don't seem to contain what they should contain. For my understanding and what would be logical Recent should only show the files i recently worked on in any of my tools (Fusion is the only one i'm working with yet) whilst the Activity column should contain everything i do apart from working on designs like importing new files, commenting on stuff and so on. Reality is that both contain all my imports and 2 days ago i had the situation that the design i worked on before closing Fusion360 didn't appear in any of the columns when i reopened it.

How is this intended to work and what are the thoughts behind this "timeline" on the dashboard?

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joseph.shi
in reply to: Helmi74

Hi Helmi,

Thanks for your feedback about the functions on dashboard.

The initial intention to have both the recent and activity column on the page is to help people concentrating on different aspects:

Recent column allows user to quickly go through the recent jobs he has done and the user could filter the items by types or people who modified it.

Activity column grants more privileges like copy,move,delete,import,export,share etc.

So the recent column is more like a "read only" list which helps you to access and group the data in a specific way you want, and the activity column is more like a "recorder" that records almost all the activities of the user and you can do more on it.

Your suggestion is valuable and we have the similar feeling that users might get confused of these two columns as well. We are working on optimizing the appearance of the dashboard to make it more "data centralized".

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
thburn
in reply to: joseph.shi

Hi,

I also feel not very well with this solution. It confuses me more than it helps.
I prefer one list with all options I need.

But of course this is (only) my opinion.

Message 4 of 5
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: joseph.shi

I find the dashboard file structure gets in the way more than helps for the kind of things I'm doing.  I might easily build, modify, or import 50 parts for each "design" or "job" I'm working on, but what that tends to mean is that finding my design entails paging through a lot of parts.  And if I need to find one of those parts later, it's not easy if I can't remember what I called it. And I won't, as I'm typically using manufacturer's part #'s. There is no interface distinction between a stock connector I imported and the design for the Starship Enterprise...

Perhaps add kudos and comments to Frank's post in the idea Exchange, which addresses this somewhat:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Fusion-360-IdeaStation-Request-a/My-2-dashboard-cents-eat-it-or-not/id...

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 5 of 5
charegb
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hi Ron,

We did a google hang out a few weeks ago to review some new dashboard designs with Fusion users. I think these new designs are going to go a long way towards addressing some of the points in this thread.

Drop me a line and I would love to go over the design direction with you and to get some feedback. bankim.charegaonkar@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Bankim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report