Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash and Autorecover and Autosave issue

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
stevie.d
1159 Views, 16 Replies

Crash and Autorecover and Autosave issue

Hi

Having autorecover issues with the application

I had one crash  CER_81765171, after reopening the application I was given the option to open the autorecovered version of my file,

I opened this and was expecting to be able to perform a save-as so i could overwrite the current version which was last saved, no save as, so, plodded on with what I was doing in the autrecovered file,

same crash CER_81765555. reopened the application, but was not given the option to open auto recovered file this time as the file wasn't open any longer than about 5 minutes,

the only option I seem to have now is to open the previously saved version of my file which means I've lost work, is there any way of retrieving any autorecovered file now? And, is "Autoversioning" , new terminology for autosave that won't let me autoversion any less than every15 minutes. Can't find anything else resembling  Autosave

Thanks

Stephen

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
stevie.d
in reply to: stevie.d

Just wondering if any of this is connected to the issue, since losing my work I'm just doing manual saves, got this some time after the last savesave__.jpg

Then this one which is a server not found error I presume

404_.jpg

My internet connection is fine

ping.jpg

Message 3 of 17
schneik-adsk

We have seen this happen in small number of cases in the last day. The team is looking into why. We will follow up soon.
Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 17
stevie.d
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hi Kevin, any updates please and do you know if it's connected to the issues I have been having while modeling,

Every time I attempted to select a face to edit using edit face command the apllication crashed, gave up after 4 times last night,

tried again this morning same issue, created a new design file to see if the problem was exclusive to the file that kept crashing same problem in new file with just an simple cube model. After restarting the application I am unable to access the new file at all, I've tried uninstalling the application including the cached files, reinstalled and the edit face issue seemed to go away, then this afternoon performance working on the model using edit faces became really sluggish and and then freezes, now I seem to be back where I was last and the application just crashes now .

CER_81824415

Message 5 of 17
schneik-adsk

Forgive me if you have already said...  But what are your commuter details? Type, memory and graphics card etc.

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 17
stevie.d

hi Kevin Thanks for your reply 

Motherboard MSI-p67AGD65 i7-2600K@3.4GHZ 16GB Ram @1600mhz Nvidia GEForce GTX 280 @1GB, windows 7 64 bit let's know if you need any more info

Stephen

Message 7 of 17
stevie.d

Apologies, Updated Spec
Message 8 of 17
stevie.d

Any word on this issue guys, I've all but given up on using the application now because of this

Message 9 of 17
schneik-adsk

Several last questions.

Can you go to the toolbar along the bottom and turn of all effects?
If that does not fix the problem, can you try and go to the preferences and then the graphics category. Switch to DX9 and restart. Does that help?
Kevin Schneider
Message 10 of 17
stevie.d

Turn of all effects CER_82748889.

Switch to DX9 and restart. CER_82749415   

Message 11 of 17
schneik-adsk

Thanks for the CER data. Can you dm me the email you sent these in as and we will find them in the CER database right now and see what we can find.

This is going to help a lot!
Kevin Schneider
Message 12 of 17
stevie.d

No mail these were just the acknowledgements of the crash reportsreports.jpg

Message 13 of 17
karyeka

We could get to the bottom of the problem. This was bug in Edit Face and has been fixed (takes care of CERs mentioned in this thread). Thanks for reporting and apologies for the experience.

Regards,

Anand Karyekar

Fusion 360 Development

Anand Karyekar

Forge Graphics
Message 14 of 17
stevie.d
in reply to: karyeka

Still Happening in my version 

CER 82931804

Message 15 of 17
karyeka

yes, the fix has not been released yet. We will let you know when we do that.

Thanks,

Anand Karyekar

Anand Karyekar

Forge Graphics
Message 16 of 17
karyeka

This fix should now be available with the latest update (Fusion 360 R1.2). 

Let us know if the crashes you see are fixed and thanks for your support.

Regards,

Anand Karyekar

Fusion360 Development

Anand Karyekar

Forge Graphics
Message 17 of 17
stevie.d

I was updated to 1.8.601 and this works again, Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report