Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection failed when attempting to import data files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sanguish
563 Views, 5 Replies

Connection failed when attempting to import data files

I'm attempting to import .scad and .dwg files into Fusion. Drag them into place, no problem.

But I always get a 'connection failed' error. And no import.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Scott

(failing that, anyone have a heart shape in Fusion? 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
schneik-adsk
in reply to: sanguish

To start, we don't support scad files. The DWG will work. I am guessing that as you drag and drop files onto the dashboard the drop zone might be flashing? 

If so it might take you a few tries to get the drop to take. I find that if I go the project list and drop directly on the project things work best.

We are making big changes to the dashboard and we are sorry the current dashboard is proving so difficult.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 6
boydwilkinson
in reply to: sanguish

The dashboard, whose function seems to want to be that of a browser, lacks so many of the basic browser functions that every computer user is accustomed to (such as a simple forward/back function). The drag and drop import feature, although a nice idea, is so incredibly finicky that I often make 20 attempts to get a file to "take" without the incessant "connection failed" dialog box. There is no alternative to drag and drop, which requires re-sizing the otherwise full-screen Fusion 360 window in order to be able to import a file. Drag and drop (on the rare occasion that it works) would be a nice add-on, but not in place of a simple file browser that doesn't require reorganizing my desktop simply to perform an import.

For reference, I am importing both .dxf and .dwg files, and can't for the life of me determine any sort of feel for importing the simplest of files. Frustration levels on the rapid incline... 

Message 4 of 6

The version we delivered yesterday addresses many of these issues. It sounds as if you are still using beta?
Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 6

Yes, *was* still on Beta, and now having difficulties uninstalling it. I followed the tutorial, but the folders listed (specifically the Autodesk and webdeploy folders) don't appear on my system (Mac OS x 10.8.4). I have trashed anything that resembles an Autodesk Fusion 360 file, and get the "Incompatible Versions Detected" error, wanting Fusion 360 and Sim 360 (I am unable to find this anywhere) uninstalled first. Help?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: boydwilkinson

Hi Boyd,

Just saw your post on this other Fusion 360 thread regarding access to the Library folder, and wanted to double check to make sure that you're good to go now. Please let us know if you need additional support on this one!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report