Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centering something between two other things

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bentwookie
316 Views, 4 Replies

Centering something between two other things

Howdy. In the sketch below, I'd like to center the box circled in red between the two circled in blue & green. I'd like to have it tied to a constraint or function (and not a fixed dimension like it is below). After removing the fixed dimension, I tried playing with the midpoint constraint but couldn't get it to do anything. Thoughts?

MidPoint.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

A couple of construction lines with Equal (=) constraint should keep it centered.

See attached file.

Message 3 of 5

Thank for the reply and especially the file! I see where you're going but I have one question. How are you getting your construction lines inside your sketch? While editing the sketch, I select CONSTRUCT -> Axis Through Two Points. However at this point the sketch stops editing. When I click the two points I want, the construction line appears outside the sketch and I can't apply constraints on it.

Thanks again for your help. 

Message 4 of 5

Just sketch a line (or arc, circle or spline) as you normally would and then right click on it.

You can toggle to Construction linetype (or back to Normal linetype).

Construction Line.png

Message 5 of 5

Ah! I get it now. Super useful. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report