Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open project, file in use by me

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dsharp02
1012 Views, 8 Replies

Can't open project, file in use by me

Is there a way to unlock a project that's locked because it's in use?  I had a crash, and now I can't access one of the projects I was working on.

Thanks,

Dave

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AndrewSears
in reply to: dsharp02

Hi Dave,

That is strange behavior.  Can you provide some screen shots or video of what you are seeing?  We don't have a mechanism that blocks people from accessing a file even if someone else is working on it.  

Does the project belong to the hub you created or a hub that you are a guest in?  Can you do other operations to the file like rename, export, etc.?

I can try to access the file to see if I get the same warnings but I will need you to add me to the group.  You can invite me using my email "andrew.sears@autodesk.com".  Let me know what file to look at.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 9
dsharp02

First thing I noticed is that it's in use by me.  This is fine, I'm the only who should have access to it.

Shows file in use by me

Clicking on "Edit" results in the following error message:

Error.png

Thanks,

Dave

Message 4 of 9
dsharp02
in reply to: AndrewSears

I've sent an invitation to you.

Message 5 of 9
dsp39

I'm having the same problem, post up if anything changes!

Message 6 of 9
TRACERfire
in reply to: dsp39

I've been having the same issue on a two of my largest projects (84MB and 170MB).

I attribute the problem to the ADSL connection I currently use. It's upload rate is only 0.8 megabits per second and I'm certain is the cause of many of the problems I've experience with Fusion 360 (ie stalling on autosave, in use by me, unable to connection to var/.... folder, etc)

Upgrade to a new VDSL connection with upload rates of around 10 megabits per second should be completed tomorrow. I'm expecting quite an improvement to the performance of the software to occur.

Fusion is terribly hungry for upload bandwidth....

Perhaps the others who are having problems can post up the type of internet connection they have, file size and data rate for uploads?

-John-Paul McCarthy
Message 7 of 9
dsharp02

I'm pretty sure my connection is fine, 30Mb/sec symmetric fiber optic connection should be enough.

Dave

Message 8 of 9
AndrewSears

Hi Dave,

Thanks for giving me access to your hub.  I need to research this a little more.  Selecting "Edit" gave me the same message.  I tried placing the file into a new file and the program crashed.

Selecting one of the older versions allowed me to open the file and save as a newer version.  It still shows that it is in use by you even though I just had it open.  

Can you try to edit this file (v17) and I will research this a little more?

still edited by.png

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 9 of 9
AndrewSears
in reply to: AndrewSears

Dave, 

Phil (thanks Phil) with Product Support just told me something he tried and it seemed to work with your model also Dave.

I opened a previous version without any issues.  Once that version was saved I went back to the dashboard and promoted your version 15 (the one giving you problems) and was able to edit it.  

The design is opening now.  Please try and let us know if this does not work.

Andy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report