Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access some files.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sickforska
487 Views, 4 Replies

Can't access some files.

I keep getting this message on both of my computers when trying to access various files. "An unexpected error occured while downloading and opening a document from Autodesk 360." In this particlar instance, I can open this file on my macbook pro but not on my windows computer. I even went back in to my mac, opened the file, created a user saved version, exited the program after saving, then launched fusion 360 in windows and tried to reopen the file. The error remains.

This is pretty perplexing to me, because I would assume that if one instance of the program can retrieve the file from the cloud, then the other instace should be able to. Maybe you could consider making a more detailed error message for whatever this issue is. 

I should add that this happens probably once a week or more to me, and usually I can open the file eventually.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
matt.pooley
in reply to: sickforska

Hi,

This error can be triggered by a number of different scenarios, the most common are :

• Running out of local disk space, 
  • An intermittent network error or connection loss

Is it possible that one of these problems is occurring on your system ?

It may also be possible to investigate whether any errors are occurring on our servers, to look into this, I would need some additional information.

Please contact me at the address below if you'd like me to take a look.

matt.pooley@autodesk.com

Regards,

Matt Pooley

Message 3 of 5
sickforska
in reply to: matt.pooley

Well I have 25GB free on my SSD where Fusion 360 is installed and 2TB free on a second drive. The laptop has 500GB free. The desktop is plugged in to the router and the laptop is only ever on wi-fi.

I get this problem about once or twice a week on a variety of models, sometimes on my desktop, sometimes on my laptop. Is it possible that I need to do some router configuration? I assumed the files and dashboard just went over HTTP. I haven't noticed any connection issues while browsing the internet when I'm having the issue in Fusion 360. I'll take a look in the network monitor the next time it happens and see if the connection gets interrupted.

This particular file is back now, but but I don't think the issue is really solved. I often switch between my desktop and laptop (and now another iMac) for different parts of my workflow or when I'm not working from home. Is would guess the program uses a cached copy of the model if it has the most up to date version in the cache. My excessive computer switching probably gives a lot opportunities for a "connection issue" to occur.

Thanks for the answer Matt, I will email you to find out if there is anything else I can give you (logs, etc.) that could help narrow down the problem.

Message 4 of 5
sickforska

If anyone is having this problem, it seems to be related to DNS issues. I was having trouble even loading autodesk.com in my browser, so I switched my computers DNS to use Googles public DNS and everything has been working smooth since (for this issue at least). 

Message 5 of 5
ngerbo

I am having the same issue. It seems my DNS is not the issue. I have the same DNS settings on the computer that cannot access the files as the computer than can access. It is pretty reliable that I get the error on most files I have one the new system I am trying to set up. I can open one or two of the files reliably. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report