Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment, Snapping??

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
stevie.d
6428 Views, 21 Replies

Alignment, Snapping??

Hi, i am having trouble with lining up Model objects to combine-> cut. I have 23 boxes as you'll note, that I 'm trying to align to main model, I have probably come at modelling this arse ways, but this where I am at. Is there no way of aligning Model objects to each other? and snapping is there no snapping function, can't remember why now but was looking for it earlier. Thanks

align.jpg   

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
sanguish
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hi Kevin

This is something I've struggled with as well. Over and over. Particularly with aligning cylinders.

While you can do it quickly, you've had a lot of background experience with the product. 🙂

I think discoverability isn't the solution. I think simplifying the process is.

Being able to pick the axis of two components and simply telling it to align (horizontal, vertical, left,right, top bottom or a combination) seems like a simpler solution. Even if done with bodies.

The videos I saw gave many solutions.. but I'd kill for a simple one (no actual murder implied. 🙂
Message 22 of 22
stevie.d
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Yeah Great,

I've added my tuppence worth, I'm sure there must loads more content in the crash reports section and a shout out to the developers who might have sent other users videos and users who know of or have links to other helpful bits as I'm noticing how fragemented it all is between You Tube, Jing and even Facebook,

just wondering too if might be helpful to Sticky it to the Using Autodesk Fusion 360 Beta rather than the Getting started as I think some of the tips are beyond basic starting and the requests for more general help appear to be posted here 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report