Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dconnexion problem in OSX

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
colin.mcdonald
1064 Views, 5 Replies

3dconnexion problem in OSX

. . . I've always had problems with the 3dconnexion spacemouse in fusion on OSX. As per garin on 03-26-2014 I downloaded the mac 3dconnexion driver 10.1.1 (and went through the install routine and restart).

Upon opening any fusion design the spacemouse seems to "get stuck" orbiting around (as if I was lightly pushing the handle). It continues 'till I remove the spacemouse, and starts again as soon as I re-insert the spacemouse into any USB slot.

No amount of fiddling with the preference pane eliminates the problem.

😞

C

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What system are you using it on?  Does it work with other applications?  I'm using the plain vanilla Space Navigator in a late 2009 27" iMac, and after the last Fusion update the Space Navigator works really well, except it's a bit stuttering when in the Measure tool. I need to have the settings for Fusion 360 in the 3D Connexion control panel turned down to as slow as possible.

I've also used it on an older MacBook Pro, which is not much of a graphics powerhouse, and have had it work well. Is there maybe a problem with the Space Navigator itself?

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 6
AbdnAllHope
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

I've had a few space mouse devices over the years.  Currently have both a space navigator and a space mouse pro.  This sounds like a callibaration issue.  I have not had this problem in these 2 mice, but my very first one (can't remember the name of it) used to do this kind of thing all the time.  It appeared to be very finiky during driver start up, and after having been moved around (breifcase travel). Basically if the knob is touched or disturbed during the driver start up, the device zero will be off and it will think you are touching it, when you are not.  

The current driver has a utility for calibration.  I also recommend you take a look to make sure you have the latest firmware available for your device.  I believe the firmware updates are a seperate download from the drivers.

Both the space navigator, and space mouse pro 3D navigation are working for me on a mid 2010 MacPro, OSX 10.9.2, and 3DxWare 10.1.1.  The firmware on my Space Navigator is 4.31.

The space navigator appears to be fully supported in F360.  The space mouse pro's buttons are all dead at the moment.  I believe this is because F360 is not set up to read the inputs yet.  Hopefully they will get truned on in a future update.

phil

Message 4 of 6

Hi Ron, thanks for the reply.

I'm on 10.9.2 inside a 27 i7 iMac with a AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB.

It does seem to work with the other apps that i tested.

I was thinking calibration as well, but even with the "sensitivity" at minimum -- no change other than the speed of the "drift".

Cheers, C

Message 5 of 6

Hi Phil (and thanks for the reply):

What you describing may be the case (messy desk yesterday) -- while the calibration did nothing, I haven't tried either a firmware update or start/stopping the driver.

I'll try both and report back.

Cheers, C

Message 6 of 6

Hi Ron (and phil):

. . . in the end (and after much testing on multiple machines and OSs) the problem lay with the spacemouse itself -- a new one sorted the problem.

Cheers, C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report