Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D connexion setting

47 REPLIES 47
SOLVED
Message 1 of 48
PaulMunford
5114 Views, 47 Replies

3D connexion setting

I'm extremly impressed to see that my 3D Connexion mouse works with Fusion360.

However, It's a little slow. Do you know how I speed it up?

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48
PaulMunford
in reply to: PaulMunford

Oh, Never mind - I got it.

There is no seperate 3D connexion driver setting for Fusion360. It is controlled by the over all settings...

Message 3 of 48
schneik-adsk

After adding Fusion 360 to the list of applications in the 3Dconnextion control panel/preference pane.

Launch Fusion 360 and go to the Fusion preferences.

You will see a 3D Space mouse setting (it only appears if you have a mouse connected).

Untitled.png

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 48
PaulMunford
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Good tip Kevin thanks,

I've added Fusion 360 in the 3Dconnexion control panel.

However, I still don't see a spacemouse section in the preferences?

is there something I could be missing?

Message 5 of 48
schneik-adsk

Is the mouse connected and a 3D window open?

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 48
mark.young
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Good to see the 3D mouse working now without having to holed the middle m button.

But it's not very smooth and hesistates a little at times, quite frustrating.

I have the latest fusion build. Shoudl I maybe try the latest 3dconnexion drivers?

Message 7 of 48
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: mark.young

I'm using a Space Navigator on Mac, and it's working really well- much better than the last release. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 8 of 48
mark.young

I'm on wIn7 64bit -  put on the latest 3dconnexion drivers & the hesitation issue has gone.

It's still not as smooth as the orbit tool though. It's like it's running at half the frame rate. But it's usable now.

Message 9 of 48
jabbawok

I can't seem to get the shortcut buttons on my Space Explorer to work. The only one that seems to do anything is the 1 button which seems to go to the home view. 

Message 10 of 48
northsight

It´s nice. mine working, too. but it´s also very laggy, not slow.

Message 11 of 48
garin
in reply to: northsight

Can you give me a little more info on the laggy behavior? Is it on any size design or something fairly large in size? Are you on a Windows or a Mac OS?

Message 12 of 48
northsight
in reply to: garin

I tried several times to identify reasons for a laggy behavior, but could not find any special reason. sometimes it works fine and sometimes it is unusable. Mostly it starts without problems. and while working somehow it switches over. Sometimes just laggy and sometimes it seems to be switched off at all.

(Win7 64 bit with SpaceExplorer USB)

Message 13 of 48
garin

It sounds those of you seeing the laggy behavior are using Windows, any Mac users seeing leggy behavior as well?
Message 14 of 48
Oceanconcepts

I am seeing a slight slowdown when a command is active, vs. when I'm just moving the view. But it's nothing that really interferes with utility, just a slightly noticeable jerkiness / lower frame rate. This is with a plain vanilla basic space navigator, on a 27" iMac. Rarely if I move a lot in rapid sequence it seems I might outrun the program, and it takes a few seconds to catch up. But overall it works very well.
- Ron

Message 15 of 48
masureb

Good Trick.

I did not used the 3D Mouse because as others said: "It was laggy!"

But if you go on the preferences tab, Ifound this box and I uncheck it... Now it's much faster!

06-05-2013 22-10-04.png

What does "tasks" means for the 3D connexion setting? From my side, I could advise to uncheck this and get good performance back when using your 3dconnexion but I could not explain why?!

Cheers,

Bertrand

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 16 of 48
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: masureb

I tried this (unchecking the box) on a Mac system where the Space Navigator had worked pretty well, slowing when I had a tool active, particularly measure.  

Well... it seemed quite zippy, even when I selected the measure tool- but it just kept spinning once a tool was selected, even with hands off the Space Navigator, and wouldn't respond to commands for a minute or so.  Switched it back and all seems well.  So it must do something important. 

Ron

- Ron

Message 17 of 48
northsight
in reply to: masureb

Switching off "Spacmouse using tasks" solves this issue. Spacemouse is working now like a squirrel on caffeine... Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 48
mark.young

YES! That's fixed it here. Mine's hyper as a caffeineated rodent also!
Message 19 of 48
garin

This is one of those things we implemented to work through differences between Windows and Mac. This option should be unchecked on Windows and checked on the Mac for the best user experience. In the future we will do this on the back end although we were using some of these setting for testing and validation. I suspect we will remove these shortly and have them set per OS and not something you will have to mess with. 

Message 20 of 48
PaulMunford

Great stuff Betreff.

I can now report that my 3D Connexion is now as fast as a racing snake 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report