Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Drawing Units

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
TheCADWhisperer
669 Views, 7 Replies

2D Drawing Units

I created a part using metric units.

When I create the 2D drawing the units are in inches.

How can I change the units?   (files Attached)

Drawing Units.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Also, I noticed that my cooling fans kicked on and I got a Windows message that Fusion was using a lot of resources while I had a couple of drawings open of this threaded fastener.

Message 3 of 8
cmiller66
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Hi TheCADWhisperer,

For drawing units and other default drawing settings, please expand the main (3-bar icon) menu > Preferences > Drawing.  These settings will be applied for all new drawings you create.

A sub-set of  these settings are also available for the existing drawing you have open .  To change these see Document Settings on the main menu.  Here you can change sheet size, text height, dimension precision, etc.but changing Units for an existing drawing is not currently supported.

For the cooling fan issue, can you provide some system specs. RAM, etc.?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 4 of 8
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: cmiller66

Thanks.

Units Preference.PNG

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I also have the same problem. My units are set to mm. For existing or new drawings, I always get annotations in inches. I'm on a Mac using version 2.0.1407.

Message 6 of 8
cmiller66
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jeremy,

Once a drawing is created you can't change the annotation format (Ansi/Iso) or units (mm/in).  As TheCADWhisperer mentions above, you can set your drawing preferences for your format/units of choice and these settings will be applied for all the new drawings you create.  We are working on enhancements in this area to default the drawing settings to those used in the design.

Please let me know if setting Preferences is not being correctly reflected in new drawings.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Unfortunately as I mentioned in my post, this happens for new drawings too. Also the default setting is mm so it should never have been inches to being with. Love the software by the way!!
Message 8 of 8
cmiller66
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jeremy,

Can you please do the following and send me the file?

1.  Launch Fusion > Expand the ? menu in the upper right corner

2.  Select Diagnostic Log Files 

3.  Select Show in Finder > and send Fusion360DiagnosticLogs.zip to me in an email (christopher dot miller at autodesk dot com).

This will give me some more information on what your preferences are set (or think they're set) to.

Thanks,

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report