Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop required...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
681 Views, 4 Replies

laptop required...

which laptops will run this program, as well as Maya, Motionbuilder, Mudbox, Autocad Architecture, and 3DSMax?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Look at Toshiba Qosmio systems.

Reid

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Before we can answer, it would help to set a budget. There are a lot that can, but if you do it on the cheap, you will find it sluggish. What most people do is they spec what they are looking at buying and then the afficionados start pointing out what are the shortcomings or overkill items. For example a screen that's too small, but a blu-ray reader that isn't going to add anything to the performance. When you pick out a starting point, it gives us a clue as to your budget and gives us an idea of how you will be using it.

Also, will you be docking it to a larger screen? Is this your only computer? Are you a student or is this for business?

Help us help you.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I like the Qosmio's because they seem to be a good bang for the buck model.  Plenty of power at a "reasonable" (1200 - 1800) price.  Also they have about the biggest screen available.  There are some 20" models aout there, but they're in the $3000 range.

Make sure what ever you get has at least a 17" screen, or you'll never get any work done on it.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

This is my laptop (got it for ~$1300 at Best Buy):

ASUS Notebook G73Jh series
Intel Core i& CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz 1.73GHz
6 GB
64-bit Operating System

I'll let you know how it goes.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report