Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my system work well in acAd 3d.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mark410
361 Views, 3 Replies

Will my system work well in acAd 3d.

Im in the process of upgrading my computer in a 64bit win7 os and planning to use acad 2012.

This are the hardware im planning to use in my pc.

2.93ghz core 2 duo processor

4gb RAM

and lessthan 100$ vidEo card. (can you suggest a good video cArd that will run acad for 3d modelling for PCIE 16x).

This is the hardware that limits my motherboard. Meaning i cAn never get hiGher processor, and ram.
Please help me.

Will this work well in acad 2012 for 3d modeling?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: Mark410

I guess that depends on what you mean by "work well"...  It should work, but it will be on the slow side.

Sinc
Message 3 of 4
OMCUSNR

Sorry man, you're throwing money away.  I don't know how much you're thinking of spending doing the upgrade to that older box, but it's a waste of $$$ to do it.

Go look for a new I3 Sandy Bridge unit with 8 gig of ram and a decent Video card with 1 gig ov Vram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227290

Might add a GE Force video card to this:   http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=348249&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE...

If you don't get a new box, you're just crippling yourself for any future release of ADSK products.  If you can go as high as $1500, look at my sig.

Reid 

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 4
thoman999

Last time I checked for version 2011 plain AutoCAD and Map3D are single processor applications. Except for very limited instances a multi-core processor won't help you. I'm not sure about the Civil3D product.

So with a 64bit machine, I would put together a machine with at least 8-16gig ram and the fastet video card you can get with 1gig of ram dedicated to the video card. DO NOT pick a machine that uses 'shared' or similar memory.

Just my $0.02

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report