11142 Views, 4 Replies

What's the best version of AutoCAD for my system

I have recently purchased a computer with the following specs:

AMD FX-4100 3.60GHz, 8GB DDR3,
1TB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 6450,
Coolermaster Elite 431 Case,
Nvidia Geforce 7025 Motherboard,
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

What is the best version of AutoCAD (not lite) to run on this system. I am currently unemployed and wish to keep my skills up and enhance my profile, so I've got get AutoCAD for my home system. I'm not really a "hardware guy" or engineer, so when I compare requirements for various releases of AutoCAD I am unsure whether these specs are adequate or fall short.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: BestBet

What do you want to do with AutoCAD? What industry? That would determine which version.
Your telling us you bought a garage and want to know which car to buy for it: makes no sense without you providing more details.
Message 3 of 5
BestBet

I am a cabinetry layout/detailer. I don't need something specific for architecture or machining. Just concerned whether my system can handle 2014, or if I should look for something older like maybe 2009...

Thanks for responding.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Your system is 'good enough' for 2014, and you cannot legally buy a lower version so I'm not sure how you plan on going about doing that exactly.

Are you planning to only draw in 2D? plain AutoCAD is good enough, heck even LT is good enough for that, but if you want to do more plain AutoCAD is not as convenient as other verticals designed to model in 3D.
Message 5 of 5
BestBet

That my current system is "good enough" for 2014 is what I need to hear. Thanks very much! I use 3D a great deal (depending on the needs of the project, of course.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report