Did you mean: 

Using Leica and Autocad on Tablet PC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
heehawforever
1647 Views, 3 Replies

Using Leica and Autocad on Tablet PC

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a new tablet pc (possibly the hp2740p elitebook).  I would like to run autocad on it so I can then use a leica disto measuring device (A6 or D8)  that transmits distances automatically into autocad.

Does anyone use this type of configuration?  I am concerned about autocad working properly on the tablet pc (ie. being able to sketch notes on the drawing) and whether the leica will transmit to the tablet pc.

What is the best version of Autocad to use for onsite work that will work with the leica and tablet?  I use Autocad Architecture 2011 at work.

Thanks,

Karen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: heehawforever

Hello Karen,

I actually just started looking into the same thing today. If I find something out, then I'll post it here. If you have already found more information on this topic, could you also post it here?

Sincerely,

Brian

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If it is a true tablet PC capable of running autocad, it should have no problems using the Leica since the tablet functionality is simply an extra input method on top of the normal mouse and keyboard. However, most new tablets (the elitebook series is okay) are not capable of running autocad since they don't run windows, plus every tablet pc I have seen has a screen size that is essentially unusable because of limited size.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I'm also looking at options right now.  I'll watch this post and put up any info I come up with.

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report