Hardware

dlord711
Message 1 of 2 (1,756 Views)

The Best Laptop for 3D modelling software

1756 Views, 1 Replies
10-28-2012 03:29 PM

I am in search for some of the best laptops made for 3D modelling. I would like a Laptop that can hold Autodest 3d max, autodesk revit and autoCAD.

I don't have a budget right now so I am not bothered about price but I would like it to be a reasonable price.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Contributor don
Contributor
don
Message 2 of 2 (1,703 Views)

Re: The Best Laptop for 3D modelling software

10-29-2012 02:59 PM in reply to: dlord711

I am using a reasonably new Lenovo W520 with the Quad 2000M graphics Board and 16 gigs RAM with the i7 processor and the high end screen with a 500 gig HD. I run it as a desktop with a Dell 2405 monitor connected and a seagate 3T external HD directly connected as well as my local network data server and wireless connex. It runs all the software you named usually have 2 of them open at a time,  plus periodically having CS6 and RAW editing open.  I am sure there are more powerful Dell and HP configs available if budget is no problem I would bump up to a 17.5 screen and a more powerful grfx card.  this has run at a nice cruising speed until I ran afoul of a MS update that corupted everything necessitating a total factory reset and reinstall.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community