8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Kk5hy
897 Views, 8 Replies

Quadro 4000 install problems in Alienware

Hi,
I'm trying to install a Quadro 4000 in an Alienware Aurora A03 pc
It has a Radeon HD6870 now.

When I install the Quadro and reboot, the pc shows the bios post but dosen't go any further. Then the display blanks out.

I tried to uninstall the AMD drivers first but that didn't do anything different.

The reason I'm trying to replace the card is we're using Autodesk Simulation software and it eiher is very slow or hangs.

Thanks for any help.
Jake

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: Kk5hy

have you contacted alienware?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Kk5hy
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, Alienware brought me to Dell and they said no one has called with this same problem so they couldn't help. Sent from my iPad Www.jhdtstockimages.com Video production for television and web
Message 4 of 9
stevev0983

Any time I even simply update video drivers, I go through a several step process and it always works ok. Assuming you can boot into safe mode, try this:

1) Download a pogram called "Driver Fusion" (it used to be called Drive Sweeper) from here: http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion  and install it.

2) While in safe mode, use Driver Fusion to uninstall ALL AMD DISPLAY and nvidia DISPLAY drivers. ONLY do the display drivers, not the chipset. It will be obvious in the program.

3) Restart the computer. Boot back into safe mode if you have to.

4) Restart it again and install the Quadro drivers.

I honestly cannot tell you if this will solve your boot problem, but it may if it is conflicting video drivers that are hanging it up.

Message 5 of 9
Kk5hy
in reply to: stevev0983

Thanks for the replies.

The problems seems to be that it shows the bios screen and then locks up. It never gets past that to load any windows drivers. 

I can't even press F2 to get to the bios setup.

Message 6 of 9
entropist

Did you remember to connect the extra power connectors to the card (usually 6 or 8 pin)?

Lacking that will cause a no post situation on most computers.

Message 7 of 9
Kk5hy
in reply to: entropist

Hi, Yes I plugged in the connector. I'm sending the card back for a replacement. It could be DOA.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 8 of 9
Viper227

Hi Jake,

Just curious if the issue with Quadro 4000 is now resolved? I have exactly similiar problem with my PC. A brand new Quadro 4000 was delieverd today to me but just like your case once I installed it, pc shows the bios post but dosen't go any further. Then the display blanks out.

Appreciate if you can let me know.

Message 9 of 9
Kk5hy
in reply to: Viper227

Hi,

No resolution. I returned the one I had because I thought maybe it was defective and they gave me another. 

Same results so I returned that one too. Still using the original card.

I guess the Alienware can't handle that card.

Jake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report