Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Intalltion

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
borges33
397 Views, 7 Replies

Product Intalltion

In installing  autoCAD 12, 13 or 14.... when using a portable HD or a HD outside from the main PC. Can I install the entire autoCAD program on these external HDs .....?    Taking in considertion when taking this HD to another PC of the same configuration or better, but this PC does not have autoCAD installed, will I be able to work with autoCAD just as simple?

In other words I wold like to have  a portable CAD program to work on pratically any PC or iMac of hi-configuration, instead of carrying aroud a XPS or Presion laptop.  If not, why?  And this should be a consideration for future versions from Autodesk.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: borges33

There is no portable-installation option for AutoCAD. You are out of luck.
Message 3 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello

With an ACAD installed on a VMWare, you can move ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
borges33
in reply to: braudpat

I really do not understand what this is, send me a web site or link. 

Thank You

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

the autodesk software doesn't work that way because of licensing

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

autodesk would probably never consider doing this

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
bluebull

Umay be right Autodesk is very greedy, there programs are very expensive, Its  a shame because it doesn't help the mobility of the  professional, today's world is very mobile.

The way its set up  we have to depend on busing around a laptop or a desktop with a 24" flat screen ..........it becomes archaic. 

Auto cad should like a video game... you can take it any where.  Perhaps one day, or some one will figure it out. 

There are "experts" that they bypass the serial registration, and install autoCad on as many PC as they want.....if there is a want there is a way.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: bluebull

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report