Did you mean: 

Palit GeForce® GTX 460 Smart Edition (1024MB GDDR5) and Revit 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
miroslawi
675 Views, 2 Replies

Palit GeForce® GTX 460 Smart Edition (1024MB GDDR5) and Revit 2012

Hello,

I would like to ask if any one have problem with Geforce GTX 460 graphics card using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012.

I'm using Palit GTX 460 card and in option(Option->Graphics) of Revit I have message:

"The installed video card 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE' has not been tested with Revit.
You may continue to use Hardware Acceleration..."

I did a test and did rendering of the same project with hardware acceleration checked and not checked (restarted Revit after one test was done)

Both time I had same render time. So in my opinion Graphic card is not doing anything.

Does any one has a idea how to fix it so the GeForce will participate with rendering ant the time of doing it will be much shorter. Maybe some patch, maybe some option change.

I already installed the newest Nvidia drivers 296.10
My system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU is i5-760

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
derrickmoore
in reply to: miroslawi

Revit rendering doesn't use the video card at all and Autodesk's messages regarding video cards can be ignored

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: derrickmoore

+1.  "Rendering to file" uses RAM and the processor (or processors, depending on the software).  Thats not to say it won't work that way in the future, where render tasks are handed off to the video system and then the resulting file is passed back (either as a file or a data stream), but for now the video card only comes into play when viewing the model in the software.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report