Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia driver version 265.70 - poor performance?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GilesPhillips
1105 Views, 3 Replies

Nvidia driver version 265.70 - poor performance?

Anyone else having problems with this driver issue?

I've got a pair of workstations with FX3500 cards which I've recently installed Acad2012 on. Both operators are compaining of jerky & unresponsive cursor movement.  Switch off hardware acceleration in autocad and things are fine.

Interestingly enough another workstation with a FX1700 card is happy as larry..

They're all Dell's with fully patch XP pro.

G

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: GilesPhillips

Try a newer driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-winxp-x32-275.36-whql-driver.html

This driver is WHQL certified.  See if you have better performance with this driver.  275.36.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
GilesPhillips
in reply to: TravisNave

Will give it a go, just as soon as I can convince our new firewall poxy server to allow me to download exe files again Smiley Sad

I originally went for 265.70 as it was 'approved' by autodesk..

G

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: GilesPhillips

Yeah Autodesk approves whql drivers. They're just slow to update their xml files. Just be sure to install the driver fresh by choosing that option and avoid installing anything but the driver. Especially avoid nView.

Good luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report