Did you mean: 

Issues with installing new Quadro 4000

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Viper227
804 Views, 8 Replies

Issues with installing new Quadro 4000

Hey guys,

After continues issues with Geforce GTX 660 TI graphic card while working with Revit and AutoCad I decided to replace the graphic card with a Quadro 4000 today.

Once I removed the old card (uninstalled old drivers) and installed the new card turned on the PC however the PC did not pass the initial bios post (motherboard logo) and certainly did not get into Windows boot up option. Once turning on the PC the motherboard logo (Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3) is shown however it gets stuck and after few minutes the screen goes blank. Whilst the Gigabyte logo is shown I tried to enter the Bios setup to check the settings however cannot enter the setup as the keyboard is completely inactive. I also tried using DVI cable and Display port cable (the only connections available on the Graphic card) to see if it makes any differences but neither made any difference.

Just to cover every aspect I connected this card to various PCI slots that are available on GA-X79-UD3 but still the issue persists. I also disconnected the power cable to some of the peripherals just in case if there is not enough power available but that did not make any difference as well. Technically the power requirement for Quadro 4000 should be less than GTX 660TI.

Any ideas on how to fix this? There has to be some sort of conflict that does not let the PC to boot but there is no beeping sound from the PC to support this.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Viper227

Did you plug in a power source to the card itself?  My Quadro cards have additional power port on the end. 

If you put the old card back in, does your computer work again?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
dgorsman

Do you have a USB hub, or a USB port on a keyboard or monitor?  I had similar issues with my Gigabyte MB, where the boot was failing due to a device-located USB connector.  Although I solved it by using a basic keyboard without a USB hub, apparently plugging in a memory stick or similar would also solve it.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 9
Viper227
in reply to: TravisNave

If i plug the old card back in it works.

I have used the power connector that was shipped with the card. The connector requires dual power feed.

I also connected an old keyboard with PS/2 connector tonsee if i can get into bios. But nope still no chance to pass the initial bios post!
Message 5 of 9
Viper227
in reply to: dgorsman

I disconnect all the preipherals and see if it makes any difference!
Message 6 of 9
Viper227

Still the same issue.

Even after disconnecting most of the peripherals!

Any other ideas?

Message 7 of 9
DarrenP

try posting on nvidias forum

it might be a bad card

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree with Darren.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 9
sam_m

what psu have you got?

as far as i can see the 660ti takes a max of 130W but the Quadro 4000 is 150W so you could well be on the cusp of what's needed.  I'd probably want a decent (named brand) 600W (at least) for the Quadro, depending what else is in the system.

Could also think about booting with the GeForce and update motherboard bios?  Just in case it's something there which is causing the problem.

Also might be worth setting bios options to defaults before swapping cards, in case someone has spec'd specific voltages, timings and settings for the GeForce which the Quadro isn't happy with.

Any other pcs about?  can you try the card in one of them - if it POSTs then it's not the card being defective...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report