Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this wise decision or are my options limited?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ConfusiousOnceSaid
2131 Views, 4 Replies

Is this wise decision or are my options limited?

To cut the chatter.

i wish to build a enthusiast pc while saving costs on premium consumer pc parts and just build a basic 4 core system, with the addition to either add or build another slave rack with 2 intel phi coprocessrs. rumour has it they sold rather cheap in the corporate world and will hit either this month or later on.

With intel phi co-processor while undoubtably oblivious to what they may actually cost in cosnumer market, they however add value when comparing to what other things intel offer since these cards are simply pci-50-60core dedicated slave server cards that im delighted to have.

I realise alone simply buying a xeons too expensive and un-cost productive for what i need it for while also knowing that i need a cpu with more cores but with the added precision; that's were the price point explodes.

After numorous waits for a cpu simply for scientific calculations me alone cannot keep up with the amount influx and demand intel throws at their corporate crowd.

Should i just forget building a enthusiast edition (6 core system or build a amd 8 core rig, or just wait for their fx9000 series cpu that i dredd very much until steam roller arrives or build a 4 core system) pc, since competitions slow and i cannot simply wait for a system  with a reasonable architecture with high cores to arrive.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

In all honesty, when it comes to most Autodesk software, the amount of CPUs or Cores is not that much of a factor.  Instead, focus that investment in as much RAM as you can get and the biggest, baddest, certified video card.  You'll be a much happier engineer. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

... and SSD harddrives over others to boost performance.
Message 4 of 5

Hi people im back. i just found a phi coprocessor on amazon for 1700, should i buy one or not.

Is it stupid to have a phi coprocessor on 2011 socket system with 4930k as default setup whith a added quadro along side the intel phi?

What the hell do i do. 😞

Time is money.

Message 5 of 5

Can someone compare a phi coprocessor to quadro.

Well i'll answer this from another perspective.

If someone wanted a precise viewpoint with realtime lighting and environemt to simulate, while porting it to virtual lab for testing in simulated invironment

What would be the best way to go.

I narrowed a phi coprocessor as substitue for actual xeon cpus, but is this pointless.

Where does quadro compare in this department.

Im waiting for 4930k cpu to arrive as the foundation but will use the phicoprocessor to mitigate the offset of the requirements thats needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums