Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good CPU setup for Revit 2012?

2 REPLIES 2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwgatti
in reply to: cwgatti

I will be using Architecture 2012 as well......

Message 3 of 3
OMCUSNR
in reply to: cwgatti

The specs on the hard drive are not good.  You need a SATA 6.0 HD.  I'd spec a Western Digital Velociraptor.  You also don't need a Terabyte of storage, unless you're going to use that blu-ray writer to download & print DVD movies.  This is a work machine and Blu-ray is not necessarry for work is it?  You might look into the biggest SSD you can find for the primary drive & go with a smaller, faster HD for storage if speed is really a factor for you.

The CPU & graphics card are good bets.  The power supply is sortta marginal, but would probably work.  Take a look at my sig.  With a tower case, 650W ps, card reader & plain DVD burner, I got the parts from newegg & put it together in about an hour for just under $1400.  I went with the I-5 instead of I-7 'cause I felt it was a slightly better bang for the buck.  I don't do much rendering, so I didn't go with a high end graphics card w/ lotsa Vram.  It's just a middle of the road card.

I'd definatly look at Xi or Alienware over Dell or HP.  I'd also seriously look at a local builder / comp store.  You can get what you want & not what corporate wants to sell you as a bundle.  The hard drive is a big one where you don't know what you're getting, and it's the component most likely to fail, and the biggest speed clog.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report